Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yeah, puppy cuteness definitely seems to be a survival tactic at times....but it always works, doesn't it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I was looking at the ridiculously adorable puppy photos entered in the May photo contest and thinking about the puppy we expect to bring home in about 3 weeks and it reminded me of a story......
About 24 yrs ago, my wife and I were watching TV one night and my wife asked why golden retriever puppies were always used in TV commercials. I told her it was because they were the cutest puppies. We had my first golden Rusty at the time, so I had golden puppy experience but she didn't. She said "How can you say that? All puppies are cute!" I said "All puppies ARE cute, but once you have one you will understand what I mean."
Fast forward 2-3 yrs....we had put Rusty to rest and had just gotten our 2nd golden Spencer as a puppy a couple of weeks earlier. Once again, one evening we were watching TV and she said "You know, you were right."
I said " Of course I was!......about what?"
She said " The puppy thing...."
I said "Oh yeah, that golden puppies are the cutest....."
She said "I see what you mean now."

Just wanted to share that. My alternate title for this thread is The Day I Was Right

Does anybody else have a puppy story(accompanied by photos would be awesome)? Feel free to share....
Thanks for the great story!!! And you are right!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Today was Gotcha Day for the new puppy. We went to pick him up and went over all the paperwork....
20210529_120456.jpg

He was fine on the 45 min ride home. Then he did a bit of exploring.....
20210529_130059.jpg
20210529_150614.jpg

Attempted to play with his new sister while she attempted to ignore him....
20210529_150121.jpg

And then it was nap time
20210529_155223.jpg

Apparently he likes to sleep with his tongue out. He tried to fall asleep in his water bowl first.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Today was Gotcha Day for the new puppy. We went to pick him up and went over all the paperwork.... View attachment 883284
He was fine on the 45 min ride home. Then he did a bit of exploring..... View attachment 883285 View attachment 883286
Attempted to play with his new sister while she attempted to ignore him.... View attachment 883287
And then it was nap time View attachment 883289
Apparently he likes to sleep with his tongue out. He tried to fall asleep in his water bowl first.
Oh my goodness, he is so cute!! I loved "Attempted to play with his new sister while she attempted to ignore him...." (LOL). What is his name?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Thanks for all the comments, we think he's fantastic. We made it through the first night pretty well. He started out in the crate but only lasted an hour or so. Then we gated him in the kitchen and waited for him to settle down and my wife slept on the couch, getting up every couple of hours to do potty runs. She swapped with me at 5AM and I took him out then we settled down again until about 7ish. Drank, ate, peed and pooped and we've been playing ever since....it is now 7:50 AM. Lola still is a bit standoffish with him but she likes him a little better outside than inside the house.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Today was Gotcha Day for the new puppy. We went to pick him up and went over all the paperwork.... View attachment 883284
He was fine on the 45 min ride home. Then he did a bit of exploring..... View attachment 883285 View attachment 883286
Attempted to play with his new sister while she attempted to ignore him.... View attachment 883287
And then it was nap time View attachment 883289
He's such a sweetie!!! Love the little tongue out nap!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts