Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was looking at the ridiculously adorable puppy photos entered in the May photo contest and thinking about the puppy we expect to bring home in about 3 weeks and it reminded me of a story......
About 24 yrs ago, my wife and I were watching TV one night and my wife asked why golden retriever puppies were always used in TV commercials. I told her it was because they were the cutest puppies. We had my first golden Rusty at the time, so I had golden puppy experience but she didn't. She said "How can you say that? All puppies are cute!" I said "All puppies ARE cute, but once you have one you will understand what I mean."
Fast forward 2-3 yrs....we had put Rusty to rest and had just gotten our 2nd golden Spencer as a puppy a couple of weeks earlier. Once again, one evening we were watching TV and she said "You know, you were right."
I said " Of course I was!......about what?"
She said " The puppy thing...."
I said "Oh yeah, that golden puppies are the cutest....."
She said "I see what you mean now."

Just wanted to share that. My alternate title for this thread is The Day I Was Right

Does anybody else have a puppy story(accompanied by photos would be awesome)? Feel free to share....

·
Registered
37 Posts
This story is very funny to me, and shows that goldens have such a charm to them!

But I put down a deposit for my golden in December of 2020- without my parents knowing- and ever since I picked out my puppy, my mom was absolutely determined to not like him. And I mean DETERMINED.
Fast forward to January of this year... I brought Moose home, she took one look at him and his nose wrinkles, fell in love, and has never looked back since (even with him being a fuzzy terrorist).
and I absolutely love his puppy photos, so I’d be happy to share them!

and of course him now, still as handsome as ever at 5.5 months 🤗

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MOOSE! Who couldn't love Moose....he was super cute and he's growing into a handsome fella for sure.
When I got Rusty as a pup for my 24th birthday, my father insisted that I did NOT need a puppy! When I took him to my dad's house, we were sitting in the Florida room in the back. I went in the kitchen to get something to drink, came back and Rusty was up in his lap. My dad was scratching him behind the ears and talking baby talk to him....I'm pretty sure my dad never talked baby talk to me, even when I was a baby......

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
This little guy was so cute that my children had quite a fight about who got to sit in the back seat beside his crate on the way home from picking him up. Funny thing is those children were 26 and 23 years old. I couldn't believe I was refereeing and having to listen to arguments about who should get to do it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This little guy was so cute that my children had quite a fight about who got to sit in the back seat beside his crate on the way home from picking him up. Funny thing is those children were 26 and 23 years old. I couldn't believe I was refereeing and having to listen to arguments about who should get to do it. View attachment 882898
Puppies make us all feel like little kids again....you just can't help getting excited. He was a super cute puppy

·
Registered
159 Posts
So, I was looking at the ridiculously adorable puppy photos entered in the May photo contest and thinking about the puppy we expect to bring home in about 3 weeks and it reminded me of a story......
About 24 yrs ago, my wife and I were watching TV one night and my wife asked why golden retriever puppies were always used in TV commercials. I told her it was because they were the cutest puppies. We had my first golden Rusty at the time, so I had golden puppy experience but she didn't. She said "How can you say that? All puppies are cute!" I said "All puppies ARE cute, but once you have one you will understand what I mean."
Fast forward 2-3 yrs....we had put Rusty to rest and had just gotten our 2nd golden Spencer as a puppy a couple of weeks earlier. Once again, one evening we were watching TV and she said "You know, you were right."
I said " Of course I was!......about what?"
She said " The puppy thing...."
I said "Oh yeah, that golden puppies are the cutest....."
She said "I see what you mean now."

Just wanted to share that. My alternate title for this thread is The Day I Was Right

Does anybody else have a puppy story(accompanied by photos would be awesome)? Feel free to share....
Can't wait to see your pup!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts