Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
181 - 196 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
Murphy will be 8 months old on Friday. He went for a checkup and weigh-in last week and tipped the scales right at 60 lbs. The vet took him in the backroom and all the techswere tossing him treats to see if he could catch them....he didn't do so well. They said he tracked the treats really well but wasn't catching them so that's something fun to work on. He can catch a ball on the bounce though, just not consistently. My wife also heard Dr. Murray tell one of the techs to take him out to her car while she grabbed her keys.......so fortunately she was able to thwart an attempted dog napping.
Christmas is rapidly approaching and of course it will be Murphy's first. He seems a bit confused about why there are 2 trees in the house. We were used to the pups lying beside the tree in the evenings. Charley used to lay with his nose under the lowest branches...we always figured he was waiting for Santa Dog to come. Murphy has decided to nibble on the ends of the branches instead....we've never had one do that before but are definitely working on stopping that with constant close supervision. My wife found him a cute ornament for the tree as we have for all the others. I'll take a photo and post it tomorrow.
Dog Carnivore Grass Companion dog Tail

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
He sure is a beautiful boy! I can't remember when Logan could catch treats, but he couldn't at first. I felt cruel for bouncing them off his muzzle. lol He's good at it now (he's two.)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Ok, I don't know what those vet techs were talking about....I went home last night and cut a cheese stick into slices and got Murphy to sit. I backed off 2-3 ft and started tossing them up for him to catch. He caught 4 of 6 and one of the others was an off throw by me. I pulled them out of the fridge this morning and told him and Lola to sit. I tossed him one and he caught it. I tossed Lo one and she never reacted....it bounced off her nose. When she turned around to find it, I tossed Murph another and he caught it as well......they must've just had him too ramped up. My poor Lo needs some practice though.
Took photos of some of the furdog ornaments as promised......
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Light Purple Holiday ornament
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Light Blue Branch
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Light Blue Holiday ornament

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 · (Edited)
My brother-in-law was down from Ohio the weekend before Christmas for their dad's 80th birthday. Murphy must've heard him talking about the hockey team of 9 yr olds that he coaches and decided to try out for the Goldie position. Tuesday when I got home he got a little ice time on our frozen pond(wading pool).......
Dog Water Blue Snow Carnivore
Snow Dog Blue Carnivore Dog breed
Snow Dog Carnivore Dog breed Tree

He's also been working on his stick handling skills
Plant Felidae Carnivore Grass Big cats
Felidae Plant Lion Grass Fawn

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
It's almost all gone now but we're supposed to get 2-4 inches overnight tonight so Logan can come for a visit......he would love romping around in it. Lola and Murph had a blast!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Emmett sure is a cute little fella. I love the fluff puppy stage. He's growing like a weed.....

181 - 196 of 196 Posts