Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people

Zuzu, our GR from Nepal (or India or wherever, but she is a Nepali ;)), gave birth to eight beautiful puppies, 4 boys and 4 girls, on Friday! The little ones are so adorable and Zuzu is doing well. This is our first experience and we are loving it!

Attaching some pictures!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
They are darling!
I'm worrying about their 'place' since puppies cannot thermoregulate for the first 18 days of life, that bed looks like one could accidentally fall out and then end up away from the others and get cold and die. Don't know if there are rigid plastic wading pools available over there, if so, buy a 4' one so it'll last well into the time that they'll be able to stay warm on their own. If not, there are collapsable ones that would ship= LUXEHOME Foldable Dog Pet Swimming Pool Bathing Tub | eBay that wouldn't last quite as long since it's only 32" across but it would still be safer than the dog bed. Good luck!! They are darling!
And her eyes look fine so I am guessing that the swelling resolved?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are darling!
I'm worrying about their 'place' since puppies cannot thermoregulate for the first 18 days of life, that bed looks like one could accidentally fall out and then end up away from the others and get cold and die. Don't know if there are rigid plastic wading pools available over there, if so, buy a 4' one so it'll last well into the time that they'll be able to stay warm on their own. If not, there are collapsable ones that would ship= LUXEHOME Foldable Dog Pet Swimming Pool Bathing Tub | eBay that wouldn't last quite as long since it's only 32" across but it would still be safer than the dog bed. Good luck!! They are darling!
And her eyes look fine so I am guessing that the swelling resolved?
Thanks, Robin. They are in a proper place now.. That first photo was from the day she had the babies, and as her whelping place was wet from all the births, my husband had her sleeping in her bed. We made our own whelping box as could not find one here.

Thanks again.

Pratiksha.

·
where the tails wag
13,384 Posts
Oh, they are darling and Zuzu looks so proud !! Congratulations :)

FWIW, my breeder runs a heating pad under the whelping area for several weeks to keep the puppies nice & warm -- actually toasty :) Other breeders use heating lamps above the whelping area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, they are darling and Zuzu looks so proud !! Congratulations :)

FWIW, my breeder runs a heating pad under the whelping area for several weeks to keep the puppies nice & warm -- actually toasty :) Other breeders use heating lamps above the whelping area.
Thanks!

We have a heater on specially at night near her box, seems to be working. Thanks for the info, will check tonight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello everybody!

Our babies (inc the mother) are doing fantastic! Video attached for an update! Sorry have not been around!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts