Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Zoe has ringworm/hookworm:(

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Sally's Mom 
#1 ·
THis is fairly common am i correct? the vet gave her 2 pills to take so i just gave them to her with yogurt. she goes back next week for rabies so they will recheck. She also has pulpitis??? Her baby teeth are fractured?? I am thinking and the vet is pretty certain its from chewing knuckle bones my breeder gave me. she will be rechecked in 3 weeks in hopes its nothing serious and just trauma...anyone have any problems with fractured baby teeth?? outcome?? thanks:crossfing

#2 ·
Bentley cracked a baby tooth while playing tug. It bled like crazy but he didn't care in the slightest. Still ate and drank normally. I kept an eye on his gums around it to make sure they didn't get inflamed but all was fine and it fell out and was quickly replaced. I hope it's the same for Zoe and I hope she feels better very soon. Did I miss the thread of he pictures?

#3 ·
No pics yet:( i will get them up by the weekend!! my daughter has to do it for me:) i have no clue:( I hope its just from rough play and the bones. She has Oakley and my lab and they play pretty rough. Dr. was a little concerned and pretty sure its just from trauma and nothing serious.

#9 ·
@oakleysmommy

I've been using Interceptor since my guy came home at 10 weeks and he's almost 4.5 years old and he has not had any issues with it. I like it because it covers worms with the exception of Tapeworm. Others work well also (and cover various worms) and you need to use what works for you. I know there is a sticky with a table that provides comparisons etc for all the products on the market

#11 ·
Ringworm is not a worm, it's an infection on the skin and can be passed to you and your dogs. Are you sure he has this too? What are you doing to treat it? If he really does have ringworm, I would not be wanting to give a rabies shot until it is cleared up. Poor little guy, that's a lot of stuff to be dealing with. Hope he's better soon.

#14 ·
Sorry I called her a he. It's the ringworm that you can get and it actually is spread by little spores. I was really hoping you had this wrong. It's certainly not life threatening, but can be a pain to get rid of. Usually they like you to do some medicated baths.You do need to keep her confined, as not letting her be with other animals and people, expect for your family until it's gone. Does she have open sores? I'll go back and read some more of your posts so maybe I don't have to keep asking all these questions. Washing the bedding , hers and yours frequently will help.

#15 ·
Read some of your posts, now I am more confused than ever. Is this your new puppy? How long have you had her. I thought I read you were getting her in December. Have you notified the breeders about these problems? Sorry I have a head cold and not totally on top of it.

#16 ·
Ringworm is a pain to get rid of. It's a fungal infection, (like athletes foot). The spores can live and re-infect for up to one year. Everything has to be washed and cleaned continuosly. Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum, then throw the bag out.

Very contagious to both animals and humans. Here's a little bit about it:

Dog Ringworm: Symptoms and Treatments

#17 ·
The vet made a mistake! She has hookworm and whipworm!! Not ringworm. The vet tech told me the wrong one...I got on the phone with the dr myself...claires friend I was supposed to get her in december but went with another breeder who had a 12 week female available and it worked out great as she is crate trained already:)

#21 ·
Are you sure it's not roundworm and hookworm? Ringworm is a fungus and totally separate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.