Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those golden owners who bathe their golden in the tub. I found the best product to help our tubs that drain very slowly or are clogged with our goldens fur. It is called Zip It and I found it and our Lowes Home Center in the plumbing department. It was only 4 dollars but it worked perfectly and there are no chemicals or such. Basically, it is a strip of plastic with thorns on the sides. You push it down the drain and pull it back. All the fur is attached to the thorns.

Here is the website for the product....... www.zipitclean.com

It is the best $ 3.00 you will ever spend. Also, you will be amazed at how much fur goes down the drain.

Patrick

·
But, my name is Debbi
1,715 Posts
Would it work for bathroom sinks as well?? I need something for all the hair, whiskers, etc. that goes down my DH's bathroom sink!!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yup, I've got one of those too. It doesn't work on all drains, but for the drains that it does work on, it works beautifully. Luckily, my bathtub is one of the drains that it does work on!

·
Social Therapy Dog
613 Posts
I've had one for about three years now and it works very well for long hair. I purchased it to help keep the drain clear of my wife's hair but found it works just as well on Ambers after a few bathes!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
That sounds great. I just gave Tucker a bath last night and the drain was full of fur by the time we were done. We'll have to check this out the next time we go to Lowe's (which seems to be a lot lately). Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Would it work for bathroom sinks as well?? I need something for all the hair, whiskers, etc. that goes down my DH's bathroom sink!!
I won't say for sure, but I saw a commercial the other day that showed it pulling hair from a bathroom sink with the stopper still in the drain. I'm not sure I totally believe it, but even so the stoppers are easy to remove and I'm sure it would work once the stopper is pulled.

For $3, what do you have to lose?:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Triplepines......It works great for sinks. I used it on my wife's sink and it cleared that sink up in seconds. You don't have to pull the stopper out. You just snake it down on all sides of the stopper.

I bought assuming I would pull some hair out and throw it away. I just cleaned the hair off it stays under the sink with all the dog cleaning products. I just wash the dog and when I clean up the tub I just clean it out every time. That way there isn't a huge fur ball.

Take Care!

Patrick

·
Harleys Dad
1,052 Posts
As a professional plumber, I will tell you that if you can remove the stopper from the sink (i'll tell those who can't how) you will save a very expensive service call with the Zip It. Most plumbers would like to see them disappear from the store shelves.
Wagondog

Be careful to remove the hair only in the direction the barbs point. you can get a greally nasty gash if you run your hand on the Zip It in the wrong direction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts