Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Those snow photos are great. Seeing the two of them play must put a smile on your face every day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ripley and Ned
471 Posts
It is so much easier this time around than it was the first time! Rundle helps to wear Summit out so much! And teaches her so much at the same time. Summit is thriving! She's consistently signalling when she needs to go out. She is picking up basic training really well. Today, she had her first big outing to get her nails trimmed and she settled perfectly in the car. She was the perfect pup for the groomer. We are just adoring this amazing little puppy! I can't wait until she gets her second set of vaccines, so I can take her out more and expose her to even more new things.

View attachment 879575 View attachment 879576 View attachment 879577 View attachment 879578 View attachment 879579
I 100% agree with it being easier the second time around! I'm so glad Ripley is so tolerant of Ned's shenanigans! She was a bit of a tough puppy (she has food allergies which caused BM problems for a few weeks until we figured out what was upsetting her stomach), and she is 100% a velcro dog and to this day still hates being left alone. If I let her outside to pee, she goes and will be back at the door to come back inside immediately after she is finished. Ned is chill, and is happy to hang outside alone (while I watch anxiously through the sliding glass door of course!), and likes exploring the yard on his own. I am at work at the moment, and he is at home alone in his crate for the first time. I have a camera on him, and he seems to not even know I am gone lol. Such an independent little guy! I am so so thrilled with him! Laureen and Joanne did such an amazing job with these little pups! If you and Summit (and Rundle of course) are ever out in BC, let me know and we can set up a play date! Ned seems to beeline it over to all golden's that he see's when we walk. It's funny how he knows that they are his "people".

Reactions: 3Pebs3

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Love those pics in the snow, especially the second one. I've never had two dogs at the same time, but I always hear about how the older one helps to train the younger one. So interesting. Summit sounds amazing.

Reactions: 3Pebs3

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I 100% agree with it being easier the second time around! I'm so glad Ripley is so tolerant of Ned's shenanigans! She was a bit of a tough puppy (she has food allergies which caused BM problems for a few weeks until we figured out what was upsetting her stomach), and she is 100% a velcro dog and to this day still hates being left alone. If I let her outside to pee, she goes and will be back at the door to come back inside immediately after she is finished. Ned is chill, and is happy to hang outside alone (while I watch anxiously through the sliding glass door of course!), and likes exploring the yard on his own. I am at work at the moment, and he is at home alone in his crate for the first time. I have a camera on him, and he seems to not even know I am gone lol. Such an independent little guy! I am so so thrilled with him! Laureen and Joanne did such an amazing job with these little pups! If you and Summit (and Rundle of course) are ever out in BC, let me know and we can set up a play date! Ned seems to beeline it over to all golden's that he see's when we walk. It's funny how he knows that they are his "people".
It sounds as though both of our dogs are very similar - Rundle being a velcro dog, and Summit happy in every situation. We have started to build up separation time to prepare Summit for us to go back to work. Yesterday we did 30 min. It was so cute that during that time Rundle and Summit curled up on the couch for a nap together. Although not unexpectedly, Summit does annoy Rundle at times, but overall they are getting on amazingly together!

Summit is signalling 100% of the time to go potty now. At 8.5wks old! She's also sleeping through the night. She's picking up on complex skills like sit and stay, play dead, leave it, drop it. She's hardly trying to chew anything that she shouldn't be chewing. And she is already starting to bite us less, and kiss more. She's setting the bar so high - I'm amazed by her, each and every day.

We will definitely let you know if you are in BC again. Although I'm glad we will not need to make that trek again for a little while. It's a long drive with a young pup!

IMG_2692.JPG
IMG_2706.JPG
IMG_2635.jpg
IMG_2733.JPG
IMG_2625.JPG

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,645 Posts
The pictures of Summit and the ones of her and Summit together just keep getting better and better.
Really enjoying your updates and pictures.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The pictures of Summit and the ones of her and Summit together just keep getting better and better.
Really enjoying your updates and pictures.
Thank you! I can't believe she has only been with us for a week and a half. She is just the perfect addition to our little family 💕

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yer killin' me Smalls!! I am anxiously waiting for a birth announcement coming any day now that my fluff ball is born! We should be bringing him/her home in March and I am beyond thrilled! Your pup and big brother are gorgeous, and it sounds like Summit is the perfect puppy! I hope mine is gonna be like her, but I will love him/her regardless of looks or personality. Our breeder is gonna choose the pup that will be perfect for us!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yer killin' me Smalls!! I am anxiously waiting for a birth announcement coming any day now that my fluff ball is born! We should be bringing him/her home in March and I am beyond thrilled! Your pup and big brother are gorgeous, and it sounds like Summit is the perfect puppy! I hope mine is gonna be like her, but I will love him/her regardless of looks or personality. Our breeder is gonna choose the pup that will be perfect for us!
Oops! I meant big sister!! We'll be driving 11 hours or so to get our pup too and I hope the car ride is gonna be easy!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Oops! I meant big sister!! We'll be driving 11 hours or so to get our pup too and I hope the car ride is gonna be easy!
Thanks! I know exactly how you feel! We contact the breeder in Jan. Waited until October for ultrasound confirmation. Waited until November to confirm that there would be a puppy for us. And then end of Dec to bring her home. It was such a long wait, filled with a lot of anxious anticipation! But, I would do it all over again for another puppy like Summit! She really is an exceptional pup! The breeders did such an incredible job with this litter. They picked Summit for us as well, and she is exactly, everything we asked for and more!

The drive was surprisingly easy - just long with the frequent stops to allow her potty breaks. The only times she complained was when she needed to go out. She would just go potty, we'd put her back in the vehicle, and she'd go back to sleep again. I was definitely a bit stressed on the trip with making sure she got out enough, ate/drank enough, didn't get exposed to anything, was happy, and comfortable. I'm glad it went as well as it did. Between the overnight drive there and then back with her the next day... it took me a few days to recover. Thankfully, with every day she's been home since it's gotten a little bit easier! Puppy raising is a lot of work, but, the time invested in your puppy is so well worth it when they are grown and you have an amazing dog!

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Ooooh... perfect little black paw pads! Just love the ones of Summit with Rundle chewing their bones.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts