Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gus knows something's up. We've been packing here and there for a couple of days now, but tonight we are doing all the serious packing. Gus is super-glued to one of us at all times--there is no way he's not coming (where, he doesn't know, but he knows he wants to go!). Every time the door from the house to the garage opens, he dashes out just to check and see if he needs to hop in the car. And normally, when we open the door to the backyard, he's barreling past everyone to be the first one out, but now he doesn't budge--you know, in case we're trying to trick him and leave without him. I'm not sure he's gonna sleep tonight :p:

We're headed out tomorrow morning to stay in a cabin in the middle of 400 acres. With a pond. We'll be back Sunday...and hopefully Gus will decide to come back with us...but I wouldn't bet on it;)

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving! Or if you've already had yours, I hope y'all have a good weekend. I will be back with butt load (I don't think I've ever typed that before) of pictures on Sunday!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
LOL it doesn't take dog long to learn about packing up. My boys always get excited when they see the suitcase come out of the closet. My previous golden Arby insisted that she was the first thing packed in the truck. She would sit in there the whole time I was packing. My boys have a little more faith that they will get to come along. ;)

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving and come back with lots of great shots.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Have fun on your mini vacation. We are jealous and cant wait to see the pictures when you come back. So what are the other guys doing while you are packing?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charlie Brown is a little stressed out. He doesn't really like to travel, but he always has fun when he gets to the destination. Well, I take that back. Charlie does enjoy when we pack because there's always a big delicious pile of socks on the bed for him to steal! Ace is clueless as always--he's just happy to be here :)

·
she'll always be the one
2,452 Posts
This is so cute. Meggie is the same way when she sees suitcases come out. She has special little bag of her own that tells her she's going too. She will literally sit in the car for hours if I let her.

Hope you have a fabulous time.It sounds like paradise! I know Gus is going to be one tired puppy when you get home. Can't wait for the photos.

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
as always, LOL dogs has the perfect picture for this -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts