Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks:

Just got this email from a friend of mine in PA. What rescues are there in the IN (and surrounding areas) who could check into this?

Sent: Friday, December 04, 2009 2:36 PM
Subject: INDPLS,IN__OMG!!!!FREE GOLDEN - CRAIGSLIST - INDY

Subject: INDPLS,IN__FREE GOLDEN - PLEASE HURRY he is on """" CRAIGSLIST """" - INDY
I am only a cross poster and this is all I have!!! See contact info below:

[email protected] writes:

Full blood Golden for free. We cannot keep him in our small house anymore. We have had him since he was 6 weeks old and he will be a year old on December 21st. He's a good dog, just has a lot of energy and needs a yard and people to play with. My boyfriend has a 2 1/2 year old daughter and my Golden played wonderful with her. Golden Retriever's name is Tyler. I wouldn't recommend changing it, he knows his name very well. I'm very sad about loosing him he's a very loyal wonderful dog, but our house just isnt big enough. If interested please call 812-229-3577 or email at [email protected]
He has also had all of his 6 month shots. Email for pictures.

If I get any more information, I'll add it to this post as I get it.

Scott J.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
I've never dealt with them personally, but the big rescue in Indy is GRRACE: http://www.grrace.org/

Hope this pup finds a good home.

Julie and Jersey

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mylissyk--did you send the post to the 3 rescues? I'm not sure what you mean by "OP".

I'm afraid I'm not to savvy........sorry!

If not, I can do it.

SJ

·
Registered
438 Posts
:scratches head: my house is just over 1k square foot and it's a wonderful home for me, my husband, our cat, and Hayden. I don't understand people sometimes...

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
I also don't agree rehoming due to space issues alone. We are in a 600sqf basement apartment - and the dogs are glued to our sides 100% of the time anyway...they don't seem to mind the close proximity!! They don't get their exercise IN the house :doh:

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've emailed all three rescues that were mentioned. I'll post something if I hear anything mroe.

And what does "OP" mean?

SJ

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
OP means Original Poster/Original Post ;)

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OP means Original Poster/Original Post ;)
Thannnnnnnnnnnnnnk Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. :)

I'm a bit behind the times when it comes to Internet lingo.

Heck, we just traded in the tin cans and string for a corded phone! ;)

Thanks!

SJ

·
Registered
16,316 Posts
I also don't agree rehoming due to space issues alone. We are in a 600sqf basement apartment - and the dogs are glued to our sides 100% of the time anyway...they don't seem to mind the close proximity!! They don't get their exercise IN the house :doh:
I agree, we're in a 1200 sqf apartment with four dogs and they also don't get their exercise in the house, daily walks do wonders for them!

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Those dang shrinking houses! It must have been bigger before they got their dog... you know, when they researched Goldens and saw that they had a lot of energy and needed a lot of space and exercise. Hope MY house never shrinks! It's insanely small too... and with THREE big puppies ripping through here... man. [/sarcasm]

Ugh.

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got an email back from GRRACE this morning--they've contacted the owner and are seeing about getting the dog.

Hopefully we've saved another sweetie from 'who-knows-what'.

Thanks again everyone for helping out.

SJ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts