Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at http://dogsindanger.com/dog.jsp?did=1260906252974

Mortomer is about 1 year old, according to the site, and has until 12/17 (less than 2 days) until he is PTS. He is at the Miami Dade Animal Services shelter, and I hope we can figure out some way to help this poor boy! He's such a cutie, and he looks like a purebred!

I'm going to try to get in touch with the golden retriever rescues around the area via email tonight. I will try to call as well - the contact I found lists Carol as the GR Rescue of South Florida:

Miami Dade and south.......Carol: [email protected]
phone: (305) 885-9160

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yep, Carol (and there is another woman who is certified) will pull any golden, or any animal that is a mix that will pass for a golden.

Sad to say in Miami, but the county animal shelter will only work with people who took their "rescue course." Fortunately, Carol and one other woman are certified and help the goldens in South Florida.

But allow me to get on my soap box and complain (again) about Miami-Dade. Why do you need to take a course to pull rescue dogs? The county has got some nerve. They make it difficult to save these animals. And then complain about pet "overpopulation" and euthanasia rates. I'll now get off my soapbox. And be glad, I suppose, for living in Broward.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts