Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Admittedly I am with ya on that. :eek: My boy expects a daily ride round the block...gotta love em though:)

·
Registered
107 Posts
...you will drive around in winter freezing, just so your spoiled pooch can enjoy their window down! haha

How true, how true...;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
yes that's love. i'll drive around with my dog but
he's trained not to stick his head out of the window.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah Pumba will just stare at the window until we roll in down haha.. at least she hasn't learned to step on the button to roll it down herself as my aunt's dog has lol

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
None of our Goldens ever wanted to stick their heads out of the car window--until Atticus started about a year ago at the ripe age of 10 1/2. He LOVES it now.

Go figure............ :)

SJ

·
Registered
504 Posts
yeah Pumba will just stare at the window until we roll in down haha.. at least she hasn't learned to step on the button to roll it down herself as my aunt's dog has lol
I have to put the child lock on my back windows so my dogs don't do this LOL

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
So funny! I did the same thing for Lacey last Monday when I drove her to her Auntie Bev's house for her Thanksgiving "vacation". (I'm travelling to Massachusetts, while Lacey gets to play with a new collie friend, Brady, 2 cats, and go on 4-mile hikes!!)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Reactions: Jamm and Bob Dylan

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know you love your golden(s) when you put them in crates in your vehicle even though they'd rather have their head stuck out the window.

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com...84-how-does-your-dog-travel-your-vehicle.html

i am deeply sorry for your loss.. i don't think it means i don't love my golden because i do not crate her. our car will not fit a crate, but i do take extra measures to ensure her safety when traveling in the car. in the picture, the window is all the way down, which we only do when traveling at low speeds in low traffic areas (we live in the country so on the back roads to and from town), when we are on the highway, i'll let the window down a bit so she can get some air, but not all the way open. also, i keep destinations in mind, if we are going somewhere with high traffic or someplace that i know she'll get excited about, then i'll leave her leash on the whole time she's in the car and as mentioned in your poll forum, body block the door until she calms down and sits and acknowledges me, instead of what may be outside the car.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
THANK YOU! Just a couple things to help.... use a tie down so they cannot jump out. Don't go on really fast highways because you are risking bugs in the eyes etc. Put the heat on your bottom vents so your feet stay warm. And enjoy life!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
You end up with your legs scrunched up every night and freeze even though you have a king-sized bed bc you let all four dogs hog the space & blankets.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
I can't! It stinks. I'm a bad sleeper anyway, and it is just absurd at this point. I read the book A Three Dog Night, and it made me smile though.

·
Dog Lover for Life
220 Posts
You know you love your dog when you take them out in any weather for a walk. It's an adiction for me. I gotta have my walk.
The dogs LOVE it too and no weather is too bad for them.
The dogs travel in my Subaru Outback in the "Trunk" area. I don't let them stick their head out the window because of flying debree.
I also was driving one time behind my young friend's car (met her at the park) she had the back windows down for her dogs and her young Aussie saw a Tennisball on the dirt road and jumped out the back window. She was fine but it gave me such a scare.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Murphy loooooves to stick his head out the window. He has a seatbelt strap that clips onto his harness and he only gets to put his head out the window if he's hooked up to that, otherwise he just gets to have a look :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts