Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stench! I mean the entire ROOM REEKS! :yuck: Worse, I cannot imagine letting him kiss me after this. :( But boy is he a happy, content, busy little puppy! :D

Carpe Diem, Knox - this is likely to be your first and last bully stick.

LOL! And here he just brought it to me to play fetch! :uhoh: Hmmm.....

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've found the bully sticks I get at the boutique type pet store here that only stocks holistic and organic food have no smell at all. I picked up a pack of bully sticks at Petsmart one time and I couldn't handle the stench! Maybe try another brand? I think I read the smell has something to do with how they dry the bully stick...

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I used to give the Merrick brand and didn't notice an odor. My problem was that they sure didn't last long. Antlers are the way to go ....... every bit as loved as bullies plus they last a LONG time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ones I get don't really stink either. What brand did you buy?

The brand is Merrick.... after about 15 minutes of chewing, Knox decided he was through at which time I picked it up and "hid" it outside. It's good to know there are others that don't smell so... strong! But that dogs still like.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to give the Merrick brand and didn't notice an odor. My problem was that they sure didn't last long. Antlers are the way to go ....... every bit as loved as bullies plus they last a LONG time.
Can you please tell me where you get your antlers? :)

I don't think I've ever seen them in the stores.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a question about Bully Sticks. I have never bought one but used to give Molly these sticks that were made out of tendons (I think), she gobbled them whole. Took us a while to figure that one out and immediately stopped giving them to her. Are the Bully Sticks less likely to be gobbled down? At the moment I am trying to find the antlers in Canada, since so many out there recommend them.

·
My real name is Mercy
455 Posts
I have a question about Bully Sticks. I have never bought one but used to give Molly these sticks that were made out of tendons (I think), she gobbled them whole. Took us a while to figure that one out and immediately stopped giving them to her. Are the Bully Sticks less likely to be gobbled down? At the moment I am trying to find the antlers in Canada, since so many out there recommend them.
I think you're referring to "Y-Sticks"....we bought some and Max power-chewed through them & swallowed at least one large chunk which he vomited several times through the night. No more Y's for him! :doh:

- Trids

·
My real name is Mercy
455 Posts
I've found the bully sticks I get at the boutique type pet store here that only stocks holistic and organic food have no smell at all. I picked up a pack of bully sticks at Petsmart one time and I couldn't handle the stench! Maybe try another brand? I think I read the smell has something to do with how they dry the bully stick...
We've bought several brands now...some seem to reek the entire room up and some have had little to no odor. I've also noticed that some sites list them as "no-odor" or "vanilla scented" bullies. If anyone wants the info, let me know, I think I saved the links.

- Trids

·
My real name is Mercy
455 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts