Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are having work done in our garage so the workmen have moved all the garage stuff out onto the driveway and behind the garage.
Today I let Brooks out for a few minutes. When he didn't come to the back door in 10 minutes, I went out to see why. There he was with the torn open trash bag from the kitchen, eating trash which included all sorts of things a dog could be injured by eating. Huh? How did he get that? Kitchen trash is always put into the big rubbermaid lidded trash cans and a bungee cord holds the lid on tight.
I went out and saw the trash cans weren't knocked over or anything, the bungee cords were in place so the lids were sealed tight.
Let's see....DH took trash out last night. Let's give him a call....."Oh, yeah, I took the trash out but I couldn't find the trash cans so I just put it in another black plastic trash bag"
***? You couldn't find 2 huge plastic trash cans when you were looking specifically for them?
I give up.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't think of giving hydrogen peroxide til DH called and suggested it. Glad I did, as that trash held the turkey carcass and all the cooked scraps from making turkey stock. He threw up 3 giant wads of bones, skin, etc. Grrrrr

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Almost spit tea all over my computer reading this at work! Haaaaa - priceless & made my day.

·
Premium Member
18,410 Posts
Have you give your husband the description of pancreatitis? I'm glad the tummy full of trouble came back up.

·
Davina
392 Posts
Didn't think of giving hydrogen peroxide til DH called and suggested it. Glad I did, as that trash held the turkey carcass and all the cooked scraps from making turkey stock. He threw up 3 giant wads of bones, skin, etc. Grrrrr
I am he yacked it back up.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I told him I knew there was at least one metal twist tie in that trash as I threw it in there and that there were turkey bones which can perforate the intestines..... He said, Oh, this is just part of having a dog.
Ummmm, I was thinking that maybe this is more like part of having a husband.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
What IS it with men and their inability to find things? I am always having to go look for things for my male family members and friends and it's always kind of a laughable experience. "I can't find it, I looked everywhere!" 2 seconds later... "Found it for you, it was in your hand." [Okay, that's an exaggeration, but it's not too far off sometimes... ;)]

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a funny story my sister told me yesterday (not about men though). She was looking looking looking for her reading glasses, getting really frustrated that she couldn't find them anywhere. Then she realized she was WEARING them!!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Definitely a guy thing. Thanksgiving day, after dinner, my dad decided to put my lab/hound mix out in their patio, where the pies were sitting on a small cart. Never looked, just put her out there. Found her 1/3 of the way into an apple pie... let's just say she (and we) regretted it later. Glad your boy managed to empty his stomach!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I told him I knew there was at least one metal twist tie in that trash as I threw it in there and that there were turkey bones which can perforate the intestines..... He said, Oh, this is just part of having a dog.
Ummmm, I was thinking that maybe this is more like part of having a husband.
LOL..agreed.
I am learning so much from this forum before our golden girl pup comes home on 12/17. I started a list of dog training tips and one for husband training tips!
Carol

·
Registered
277 Posts
lolol these stories definitely gave me a good laugh and made me feel better that my other half falls under this category as well.. last weekend we had company over and he had to work the next morning so he gets up and is stomping around loud enough to wake me up (and i'm sure the company too!) and get the dog riled up.. so i finally asked him what he was looking for and he tells me his work phone which he "knows" he left on the table. so i start to get up from the bed to help him look and as i stand up out of bed, our tv is right there and what do you know is sitting right in front of me on top of the tv! :doh::doh:

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Thank you for the belly laughs! I thought it was only MY guy that forgot things like where the trash can is, where the dishwasher is, and things like that!;)

I'm glad Brooks is OK--wow, what a scare!

·
Registered
277 Posts
on this topic too, does anyone else's other half have trouble remembering/knowing to put a bounce sheet in the dryer when doing laundry? or even emptying the lint trap?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your husband does dishes and the laundry? You are one up on me.....oh, wait a minute, I do remember the time he did the laundry and threw my suit jacket (dry clean only) in and it came out looking like a baby could wear it. Thanks dear.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts