Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking forward to relaxing today - first day off from helping out mom and dad in a week. No such luck!

Layla knocked Hurley off the chair early this morning - sometimes Hurley likes to pretend he is a cat, and tries to lay on the back or arm of the chair. All 85 lbs of him came down hard on his butt... we have wood floors. He immediately wanted outside to run it off I guess. No limping but is moving pretty slow.

Then my newly "adopted" 21 year old son took Layla out to play - not sure if Hurley tackled her or if she ran into something...but she let out a few good yipes in the yard. Seems to be her left front paw, she is not limping either, just moving slower like Hurley LOL.

As I am babying my poor babies... I accidentally stepped on Hurleys tail you'd have thought I cut it off the way he carried on. I feel so bad...

Thankfully the old girl Dream is doing ok... but she hardly moves from the sofa, unless there are high value treats involved :).

I think we should all stay still for a while.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three ring circus is right LOL.

I think I will put a bunch of old quilts on the floor - remove the coffee table (for safety purposes LOL)... snuggle under blankets and watch movies with the pups tonight. Maybe I will make popcorn.. oh wait not a good idea ... someone will probably get hurt playing the popcorn game.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Hope your tomorrow is better and glad know one was really hurt. And I must ask who adopts a 21 year old?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope your tomorrow is better and glad know one was really hurt. And I must ask who adopts a 21 year old?

A crazy person :)!

He has been my other son since he was 8 years old, he moved in with us in November.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I hope they are just alittle sore from their wild excursions. Sometimes you just dont want to get out of bed. Been there many times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts