Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We left at like 10:30 and got home at 3:00. It's the longest I've left her alone. I didn't think we would be gone that long so I was freaking out about her eating lunch too late and starving. I left her a kong with some peanut butter and kibble so it wouldn't be too bad. I missed her the WHOLE time. It was like being away from my kids. It's not like that with my little dogs.
I also expected to come home to a huge mess in her crate. I could tell that she tried to hold it. She only had one little spot and when I took her out she went twice immediately. Such a good girl.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Way to go Leila, it sounds like all the training has down wonders. The kong and food probably helped to curb her hunger.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
It's always tough leaving them the first time... it gets easier, but I STILL hate to leave mine when I go to work. I miss them terribly all day, then get home and we have our joyous reunion... that's the best part of my day. :)

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Gosh, I left Flora today to go grocery shopping and the whole hour I was just worried sick about her in her crate (since she's had so many crate issues.) I know just how you feel, but wow! Almost 5 hours - go Leila! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts