Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok in the battle of Scout - Me - and the carpet...the carpet is in last. :(

Scout peed on the carpet again, :mad: I'm curious why are his stains sooooo yellow. :confused: Sometimes like highlighter yellow. Is he toxic and I don't know? :uhoh: Could it be a health issue or is his food the problem. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Probably needs more water. When they are dehydrated their urine is darker.

Vitamins will cause the urine to turn brighter colors. I have discovered that with myself, when I have started taking certain multi vitamins.

·
luv my goldens
481 Posts
Sierra's urine is really bright Yellow as well

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Probably needs more water. When they are dehydrated their urine is darker.

Vitamins will cause the urine to turn brighter colors. I have discovered that with myself, when I have started taking certain multi vitamins.
If it's BRIGHT yellow, it does sound like vitamins. Maybe it's just excess vitamins from his food or something?

·
a new day everyday
411 Posts
As soon as I started Eric on Orijen I have noticed that his urine is bright yellow also. I have read that vitamins B make your urine very bright yellow.
So I guess what he eats is extremely healthy ;)

·
shadow friend
3,886 Posts
I've heard that Science diet has that ingredient in it that is poisonous to dogs...xy...something. In obedience class I met a person who said that science diet almost killed her dog add to that, that vets only recommend it because they are paid too. I love that my vet does not recommend it as regular feeding food but uses only the rx food when needed.

As for the pee....no clue there. I hope you figure out the mystery!! I know that extra iron makes pee turn into highlighter though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I know that vitamin B in humans makes urine bright yellow, and I was reading that the food your feeding has vitamin B, so maybe that.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
No help on the 'whys' of yellow urine, but my Maggie was a bile puker so I've had lots of experience with yellow stains on light carpet. The best thing I ever bought was a Bissel Little Green Machine (using the pet stain removal formula). It works on urine as well. I bought mine about 5 years ago for less than $100.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts