Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the allergy things our new dog has to deal with are repetitive yeast infections deep in the webbing between her toes.
She had red areas three weeks ago when we got her and she's been ok since, mainly, we think because we have used a topical little wipe daily on all four feet her prior owners gave us, and so,etimes the prior owners, having many goldewns did not have the time to do so on such a regular basis.
When her prior owners came to do a two week home visit a few days ago they were thrilled to see no sign of redness inbetween her 'toes', but its back now and I was wondering if any of you deal with this. The medication wipes/pads we were given,( and of course I'll be discussing this with our new vet too) are called 'Pladgets', comes in a little round plastic jar looks like a face cream jar, company is 'Malaseb' and it says 'medicated pads for dogs, cats and horses'.
Active ingredients are listed as: 'approx 17.4 mg MICONAZOLE, 20 mg's CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE'
The product discription says, 'MALASEB PLADGETS COMBINE A UNIQUE FORMULATION OF ANTIBACTERIAL/ANTIFUNGAL AGENTS WITH ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS AND VITAMIN E...'
'FOR DERMATOLIGICAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH INFECTIONS RESPONSIVE TO MICONAZOLE. A LOCALIZED TREATMENT TO BE USED BETWEEN GENERALIZED THERAPY'

does anyone know about this issue, this product, what generalized therapy night mean, the causes of this, etc....?

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I dont know but I hope that you can get some answers from the vet.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Is it red skin or red fur?

Lily has mild allergies throughout the year with flare ups on occasion. I find when she's really itchy, she licks her feet and the fur between her toes turns a rusty pink color. I've heard the saliva makes a good environment for a type of yeast to grow and that produces the red fur.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
When Max had his bad rash all over, his medicated wash was maleseb something or other. It worked great and he cleared right up. We discovered his rash was caused by his food allergies which we now have under control as well. I'd keep using them, but ask your vet next time you see them as there could be an underlying cause (like an imbalance of some kind ) causing the high levels of yeast. =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts