Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my post about crate/housebreaking issues I went and purchased a foldable dog pen for Murphy. This pen has solved several issues and I am now not feeling like such a nag.:p: I felt bad for leaving him in the crate for extended periods, but at the same time, I needed to not follow him everywhere in our contained area. Our older GR, Bear who is 2, loves to wrassle with him and unfortunately take every single toy out Murphys mouth. I was constantly scolding Bear, which was driving me nuts, not to mention being totally exhausted from the constant following and not getting anything done for hours on end.

By giving Murphy his own safe place to play with toys and keeping him contained, I feel so much more relaxed and can be a better dog mommy. I am still letting the 2 boys play with each other but at limited intervals. Best news is, so far no potty accidents in the contained area and I can finally get to my schoolwork. Just thought I'd share and say thanks for the advise!!

·
Kristy
9,942 Posts
I'm into day 4 with my new baby, Duncan, and wanted to thank you for sharing your solution. My kitchen area is way too big and open to have it be a safe area to leave him unattended. I have been trying to figure out how I'm going to get anything done without crating him every 10 minutes. I figure it needs to be a fairly long term solution since the kitchen has chair and table legs to chew on, the couch back etc.

Do you mind telling me the dimensions of your play yard or sending me a link or photo?

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This is the exercise pen I picked up at Petfood Express. What I like about it is that I can configure it differently if needed. I chose the 30" height (would outgrow the 24" too quickly IMO) I am also not picking Murphy up out of it, just opening it up, since I don't want him to figure out that one day he can get out by jumping over the top.

http://www.precisionpet.com/detail.aspx?id=7

1 - 5 of 5 Posts