Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realized this morning that Murphy's tail feathers are finally coming in! IT's hard to see just how beautiful they are in this picture, but I just love them. It's crazy how fast all his adult fur is coming in, he seems to change a little everyday.

Attachments

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Do you play with them? I'm convinced everyone thinks I'm NUTS because I always play with them. They're so soft and pretty, though. I'll poke their buns and make funny noises too.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
YAHOO Murphy!! Looking good!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you play with them? I'm convinced everyone thinks I'm NUTS because I always play with them. They're so soft and pretty, though. I'll poke their buns and make funny noises too.
Ha ha yes I do! DH thinks I'm so weird! I just love the way they feel and the color of them!

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Ha ha yes I do! DH thinks I'm so weird! I just love the way they feel and the color of them!
Me too!! When I brush the dogs... the butt feathers and tail feathers are my favorite part.

In FACT, the way I was introduced to GRF was because I watched one of jwemt81's youtube videos of Tucker (this was when Mojo was really young, and still very much lab-looking. LOL) I messaged her asking how old he was when he got his tail feathers, and she told me about GRF!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Awww....he's turning into such a big boy! I just gave Tucker a bath yesterday and was noticing the same thing. He also has some crazy, wild, curly hair on his back also. Enjoy...I can't wait until their big, bushy tails come in.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I was so excited when Timber's tail started to come in too!
His just seem to come in overnight!!!
Here's a couple of pics of Timber's butt and tail feathers - taken at 1 yr old!
He's got a crazy coat for a year old.
My hubby likes to play with this tail :) I like to brush it :)
Not so much fun though when Tim poops in the deep snow and I have to clean the poop off :doh:
Ah, the joys of owning a Golden - but we wouldn't have it any other way :smooch:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow I hope Murphy's tail is as beautiful as the others on here! Although I'm not looking forward to poopy feathers, lol.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I am in love with Flip's baby feathering. I make everybody stop and look at it. I hope his comes in more like Conner's and not like Annabel's, whose is long and stringy and is impossible to comb out.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
now I'm feeling guilty for getting Bridger's feathers trimmed -- think it'll be a 2x/yearly event. He keeps pretty clean, but picks up alotta stuff in the woods. Had a tail feather measurement of 14 inches ...... Obi's (RIP) tail remained a tidy length.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
It won't be long now before you can begin to enjoy combing out the long, beautiful tail feathers on Murphy. He's a beautiful boy.

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
I love Sammy's butt and tail feathers!! Dillon's got much less feathering and fur in general.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank's tail feathers seemed to come overnight. Tail and butt feathers are my favorite part! This pic was taken earlier this week...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts