Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran the girls this past Saturday and we had an awesome day!!!

Aubrie got her 2nd NJP leg with a FIRST place!!! She NQ'd in Standard. 1 too many refusals! Which was my fault

Layla ran in Open Jumpers for her first time and she got her first OAJ leg with a 4th place. We also ran in FAST for our first time and got a NF leg with a 3rd place!! Lay NQ'd in standard. We had an awesome run though. I thought we had the leg (and her NA), but I later learned that she bailed the dw... Gotta work those contacts..

I am very proud of both girls. We have come such a long way and things are finally starting to click. Layla is running her heart out, but listening to me! We are really working distance and angles now as well as hard crosses. Aubrie just amazes me. I had stopped agility back in the Spring of 2007 because Aubrie didn't want to do agility. We have only been in class since the summer and Aubrie LOVES it! I couldn't believe it when she PULLED me to the ring!!!

Emily and the Golden Girls

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
wow, what an excellent weekend! very proud of you AND your girls!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Wonderful!!!!

You are a good handler to stop and make it fun again for Aubrie. Perhaps Layla is helping there too. I know my agility dog runs better when I have other dogs in class to handle. I little rivalry maybe?

I am so glad you had a blast, and did so well! Congrats.

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,692 Posts
Wow - congratulations !! Un-retiring a dog is awesome, isn't it?

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wonderful!!!!

You are a good handler to stop and make it fun again for Aubrie. Perhaps Layla is helping there too. I know my agility dog runs better when I have other dogs in class to handle. I little rivalry maybe?

I am so glad you had a blast, and did so well! Congrats.
Layla has helped so much. With my confidence and the way I handle and everything. And Aubrie has taught me patience more than anything! Yes, and we do use the rivalry to our advantage. If Aubrie refuses too many obstacles during class, I have someone hold Aubrie and run and get Layla. Aubrie's a different dog after watching me run with Layla girl! ;)

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow - congratulations !! Un-retiring a dog is awesome, isn't it?
You are so right. I get such a rush running Layla, but running Aubrie makes me more happy than just about anything. I feel so privileged that she is running to please ME as it has taken a lot of effort to put value to running agility! :)

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^ Heehee. Yep I saw that! And thanks for the comment. Jumping into my arms is one of Lay's signature moves ;)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very nice job, looks like a lot of fun in the ring..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts