Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
:/ I've complained about a breeder on this forum before. However, I felt that my complaints were completely legitimate and in the threads where I listed my complaints, I never mentioned the breeders name and was just looking for advice on what to do (my situation was, the breeder was extremely bad on communication and I hadn't heard from her in two weeks despite constant attempts to reach her through phone and e-mail, and my deposit was already put down. People here gave me very good advice, assured me she was busy, etc.)

Despite the fact that I was only looking for advice out of panic and concern, numerous people looked through my post history, found which breeder I was talking about through there, and called her to tell her I was slandering her name. Yes, she got three calls.

So now that I've experienced that first hand, I gotta say... these things can easily be misunderstood. I think we should all take things with a grain of salt. Many posts are fueled by emotion, and as we are all human, I'm sure we can understand what panic and anger feels like and what unwise decisions or misleading posts can come out of it.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Despite the fact that I was only looking for advice out of panic and concern, numerous people looked through my post history, found which breeder I was talking about through there, and called her to tell her I was slandering her name. Yes, she got three calls.
I knew which breeder you were talking about but not because I looked through your post history, but because I had previously seen your other threads. It especially stuck because my breeder is a member of the same local GR club you had mentioned.

I think once we mention our breeder's name in any thread, we should not say anything negative about them unless they have really wronged us in some way. IF I ever had a problem with my breeder, I would not mention it here because I have said who my breeder was in an old thread. It is important to me to keep a relationship with her and I would not want her to find out that I've been telling the world on a public forum when it could be worked out privately between us.

·
Steadfast
262 Posts
Everyone has their own thoughts and opinions but I have always believed that behind a keyboard people are more bold and in the heat of emotion lack self evaluation sometimes.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I knew which breeder you were talking about but not because I looked through your post history, but because I had previously seen your other threads. It especially stuck because my breeder is a member of the same local GR club you had mentioned.

I think once we mention our breeder's name in any thread, we should not say anything negative about them unless they have really wronged us in some way. IF I ever had a problem with my breeder, I would not mention it here because I have said who my breeder was in an old thread. It is important to me to keep a relationship with her and I would not want her to find out that I've been telling the world on a public forum when it could be worked out privately between us.
I actually hadn't considered that people could have remembered it from an old thread, but you're right, that could have happened to them. All three of the callers, though, also got puppies from the same litter and weren't registered users (that I know of).

I honestly didn't know what to do in that situation- and of course I try to be more careful about it now, but I felt like it was something I couldn't work out with the breeder because she wasn't talking to me; literally, I didn't hear a single word from her for about two weeks, even though I left messages and e-mails and called. She did eventually get back to me, for those who were wondering- she was just busy.

I was also looking to have a relationship with my breeder- I sent her updates of Nana, and asked her a question about limited registration. I haven't gotten a response yet, and it was weeks ago. I texted her about it too, and... well, no response. For a while I thought it was my fault that people were calling her and I really must have done something wrong, but now I honestly feel that I was justified.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts