Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the Y pups at 8 weeks. I would love to know what everyone thinks! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
They are all way too sweet and adorable.......and I would take little black boy anyday!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like yellow boy the best, I like blue boy head.
Yellow Daisy Girl.. and Yellow Boy my top picks.. so which one can I have.. LOL...
Very nice litter.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
They are all gorgeous but I still love the "Tude" on Black Boys face. I think he is going to be trouble with capital T for sure. :p:

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
They are all adorable!! I like Yellow Daisy girl and Blue Daisy girl....

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I'll take Pink Girl please !! Beautiful pups !!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Pink girl and red boy....very nice!

·
The Missouri Crew
13,683 Posts
Yellow BOY

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Pink girl and red boy....very nice!
I think so too. I am way new to structure, but red boy looks the most balance to me and he has a pleasing head. I like black boy's structure, but I like red boy's expression more. It also looks like he has a nice front.

I just really like red and yellow boys' heads. Orange boy has a nice fluffy coat!

How did they do with the puppy puzzle??

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Okay, so, my field dog eye is trying to adjust to the breed ring side. I pick Yellow or Black boy, how did I do? They are all totally adorable!

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
I still like Pink Girl and Red Boy. Pink Girl can be sent to me via the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport :)

And the Yellows look good too.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Pictures are really hard but here goes....Yellow Boy appears to have great front assembly at least looks to have nice 45 degree angle. Looking at picture neck looks short. Rear looks pretty good with equal distance between buttock, knee, and hock. However, topline sinking in middle.
Orange Boy... The picture seems to show he has a bit more neck and I like his head. Shoulders seem to be a bit straight not sure if it was the way he was stacked.Rear assembly looks pretty good but I can't tell if upper thigh is a little short. Croup flat but he still seems to have a pretty good topline.
These were my favorites.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I still like Pink Girl and Red Boy. Pink Girl can be sent to me via the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport :)

And the Yellows look good too.
Sorry, I asked first !!!:wavey:

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Well, there is no doubt Miss Pink Girl has a huge fan club! Here are my thoughts, but I dont really know much. I have studied my "blue book" for a solid two years( Thanks GRF for teaching me about so many resources for learning), and drawn an infinite number of angle lines on my poor patient doggies, but that's no substitute for all the real experts here. Ear set and tail set I have to leave to the show people bc whatever I think at age 8 weeks always ends up wrong at age 2 years, lol. I don't quite have the eye there yet.

I love the litter threads bc I always learn from the comments.

Yellow Boy seems like the overall GRF favorite, for sure. Yellow Boy's nice short coupled body & awesome loin is something I have learned the hard way to admire in a golden. I have one who is too long in the loin and does have some spinal stenosis as an older guy.

I agree with Bogey'sMom about Red Boy being the personal favorite because I admire his front (esp the depth & strength of brisket for such a tiny tyke) and his bend of stifle too. I think Red Boy's rear matches his front the best with a nice overall harmony of his parts.

Black Boy would be my first choice for a show puppy if he didnt have a little bit of slope in his topline- which might just be the photo? I would choose Black Boy first if I was actaully with the litter in real time and saw a straight topline when he moved around. I can see his gorgeous mom in him the most, which I love.

Orange Boy has a nice front- the fronts in general seem very excellent in the litter. The tiny zipper on Blue Boy's beautiful face tugs at my heartstrings.

For whatever reason, something about green girl talks to me- I just love her to death.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts