Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
I dk Santamaria but WYSIWYG was never kicked out of GRCA for anything much less unethical behavior.
I cannot imagine her kidnapping, baiting or killing dogs. I do not believe she is a convicted felon.

Many breeders have nonrefundable deposits. It is what it is.
If you will post your dog's pedigree, it would perhaps be easier to figure out how you have such issues with two breeders who are recommended pretty often. Or why issues with two kennels and assumedly one dog.

Reactions: Ffcmm

·
Super Moderator
2,154 Posts
I have a WYSIWYG pup so I hope you can share more about this hereditary issue you mentioned as its most concerning.

It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience, my experience was the opposite and my puppy was raised in the house and far from a puppy mill type condition. I did place a non refundable $100 deposit to get on the waiting list a few years back and I had no issues with that, especially since she's swamped with emails and sometimes does not manage to get back to every enquiry.

I really find your allegations on quite alarming and so far from what I know.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Content removed per request of WYSIWYG to have the entirety of the original post removed from this site.
Wow! That's quite a post.

FWIW, I'm simply responding so that the original post is retained, in the event either of these breeders want to pursue libel issues. Given the responses from others, especially to the statements addressing kidnapping/baiting/killing of dogs and the assertions about convicted felons, threats to others, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if this post gets some legal attention.

If it's possible for mods to lock a post (i.e, keep it from being edited), this would seem like a good candidate.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
I think this is a disgruntled and word-happy poster who for whatever reason thought they'd come smear someone. I'm glad the post was preserved, but do want to say Anthea, Duncan and Dianne are all ANKC judges, and I am sure that they are more aware of rules and their positions as representatives of the sport and the breed than most breeders would be and act accordingly. I have met Anthea in person, and have followed her for a number of years via dog shows because it's always fun to watch the #1 breeder in a country rise. She shows all over the world. I don't know Duncan or Dianne but today did visit the website and verified the things I could, and see no reason to imagine they run less of a program than Anthea does. I am also sure that in spite of doing all the various testing, that there have been times where they have had health issues pop up in dogs from their breeding programs just like every other breeder has. It is entirely possible that a pup/dog may have a genetic issue pop up that prevents that pup/dog from being bred (hip dysplasia, for example) but it does not mean that the litter mate would also have the same issue and can not be bred. The OP did not state what condition it was, but most things are not likely to be inherited across the board especially if not problematic for the breeding animal as in the example given in the post. But 'hereditary condition' that costs $5k to fix.. who knows what OP is even referring to. And 'kidnapping, baiting and killing' dogs? I do not believe a word of it.
I hope s/he comes back here and explains himself.

·
Golden Ret Enthusiast
2,205 Posts
Dang! Idk either breeder or kennel but that post is about to burn everything down, so inflammatory! Holy cow!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you “Taylort 76” However you have failed to disclose the fact that this matter was heard in Court and you were clearly told by the independent arbiter that you were in the wrong and had acted inappropriately. You attempted to lie and blackmail your way into stealing a dog and this was stopped legally.
Your attempt to then slander multiple people on a public forum is quite disappointing as it shows you have entered this entire process with Ill intent. If you truly believe what you say is true then post it under your own name and allow us to yet again defend ourselves legally and through proper channels.
We have received the Court orders and are happy to provide a copy to anyone who has a concern about our claims above. Anyone who has ever dealt with us will support the fact that we always give full information and try to be as helpful and supportive as humanly possible.
In this instance the poster did not initially deal directly with WYSIWYG kennels and once we attempted to get involved to find a solution they responded with a solicitors letter to stop that attempt. Interestingly the offer that we made at the start is the offer that the arbiter decided was a fair and equitable offer.
As for the claim of eye issues, both parents are clear, the clearance provided by the vet in Victoria only shows that the bitch had an operation and the rest of the eyes are clear of all issues. We also have DNA clearances as well.
As for the other fanciful claims made I would happily have any actual evidence posted as they are totally ridiculous and not worthy of a response. Sadly this person has a very nasty bunch of sour grapes at not getting her way in court and being told she was acting unreasonably.
I am providing this reply for information purposes and to clear the issue up however I will ask the Moderators to remove the initial post and perhaps block the Original poster from posting more libellous content. We have screenshots of the post and it is clearly written by only one person.
Happy to put my own name to this
Anthea Adamopoulos

·
Registered
12 Posts
Warning!! Do not buy from WYSIWYG Kennels or Santamaria Kennels! Both kennels take non-refundable deposits (they may call them "booking fees" or something else), but they have no intention of giving you a puppy or your money back! They may be registered breeders with ANKC but they're scamming people.

I had bought a dog from WYSIWYG Kennels and the puppy had a hereditary condition and they refused to acknowledge it and it ended up costing me over $5K to fix! And I found out they are breeding with another puppy from this litter who also has the same hereditary condition and her puppies will have the same condition! These are horribly unethical people who only care about profits and not the well-being of the dogs.

Also, WYSIWYG Kennels has delivered 200+ puppies in the last year! Reputable breeders have delivered 2-3 litters in the last year. Their conditions for breeding are horrific and they are somehow getting away with not being classified as a puppy farm! These are despicable people who do not love dogs. They have kidnapped, baited, and killed dogs in the past. The owners of these kennels are convicted felons and continue to do shockingly unethical things.

There have been numerous complaints made to Dogs Queensland and Dogs Victoria about these breeders, but there is strong evidence they paid off or threatened the people who made the complaints to have them retracted.

Neither WYSIWYG or Santamaria are members of the Golden Retriever Clubs in the states and that's because they were kicked out for their unethical behaviour. Do not get scammed by these people like myself and so many people have!

Whatever you do, DO NOT a BUY A PUPPY FROM THESE KENNELS!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well whoever the moderator is please contact me and give me the details of the above poster

I have no idea who they are and what they are talking about

I would love to know and really have the right to know who this person is

perhaps it is the person who stole my dog and then falsely accused me in court of which l won.

or it could be the person who just recently scammed Anthea out of a dog and they also had to take them to court which they also won

At this time l will await the moderators return message to me and in the mean while a copy of this post by the original poster has been sent on to my lawyers and the police

thank you to all those who have defended us. We are reputable breeders however from time to time we all have to deal with unscrupulous people in our life’s , a shame that this happens

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think this is a disgruntled and word-happy poster who for whatever reason thought they'd come smear someone. I'm glad the post was preserved, but do want to say Anthea, Duncan and Dianne are all ANKC judges, and I am sure that they are more aware of rules and their positions as representatives of the sport and the breed than most breeders would be and act accordingly. I have met Anthea in person, and have followed her for a number of years via dog shows because it's always fun to watch the #1 breeder in a country rise. She shows all over the world. I don't know Duncan or Dianne but today did visit the website and verified the things I could, and see no reason to imagine they run less of a program than Anthea does. I am also sure that in spite of doing all the various testing, that there have been times where they have had health issues pop up in dogs from their breeding programs just like every other breeder has. It is entirely possible that a pup/dog may have a genetic issue pop up that prevents that pup/dog from being bred (hip dysplasia, for example) but it does not mean that the litter mate would also have the same issue and can not be bred. The OP did not state what condition it was, but most things are not likely to be inherited across the board especially if not problematic for the breeding animal as in the example given in the post. But 'hereditary condition' that costs $5k to fix.. who knows what OP is even referring to. And 'kidnapping, baiting and killing' dogs? I do not believe a word of it.
I hope s/he comes back here and explains himself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you for your reply and discussion on the OP

the person we think she is has never bought a dog from me, l have also never met her , the only dealing she had was with Anthea of which she scathem out of a very valuable dog

she only ever spoke to me on the phone in regards to buying a puppy of which l did not have any available. Only spoke once and then they defame me, and how would they know anything about me if they had no dealings with me , that does not even make sense.

in regards to their comments re killing dogs that is a serious allegation of which is of course all lies , l would like the OP details and will as of today take the appropriate action against them

in regards to the eye , which indicates who this person is , the dog in question had a eye injury and medically had to be repaired

the eyes on this dog is completely clear from any issues

I have no idea why the OP would post such a post the dog can clearly be returned to the breeder with a full refund so why continue this hostility , that in itself does not make sense at all

·
Kate
22,290 Posts
I don't personally know either breeder - however, have seen/followed Anthea's posts elsewhere and have a lot of respect for her and I would not be the only person in the golden retriever world who recognizes her name at least and has a very high opinion of her. I do not believe the unquotable assertions in the original post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, I bought my dog in 2018 and she had issues with her heart, not her eyes? I didn't realise at the time, but was told I should warn people so that's what I'm doing.

All I'm trying to do is warn people of my experience. I'm allowed to voice my opinion, you can listen or not and make your own judgement, but I don't understand who you're referring to...obviously there are multiple people with issues with these breeders. But I feel quite attacked...I can take this post down?

And do a google search on these breeders, that information is public and isn't a smear...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow! That's quite a post.

FWIW, I'm simply responding so that the original post is retained, in the event either of these breeders want to pursue libel issues. Given the responses from others, especially to the statements addressing kidnapping/baiting/killing of dogs and the assertions about convicted felons, threats to others, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if this post gets some legal attention.

If it's possible for mods to lock a post (i.e, keep it from being edited), this would seem like a good candidate.
Try googling them. There are multiple articles about this and felony past is public record in Australia. Sunday Morning Herald has a shocking story about the Kidnapping of Poddy. Not sure how they can bring legal action when I'm simply sharing my experience and public information?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you “Taylort 76” However you have failed to disclose the fact that this matter was heard in Court and you were clearly told by the independent arbiter that you were in the wrong and had acted inappropriately. You attempted to lie and blackmail your way into stealing a dog and this was stopped legally.
Your attempt to then slander multiple people on a public forum is quite disappointing as it shows you have entered this entire process with Ill intent. If you truly believe what you say is true then post it under your own name and allow us to yet again defend ourselves legally and through proper channels.
We have received the Court orders and are happy to provide a copy to anyone who has a concern about our claims above. Anyone who has ever dealt with us will support the fact that we always give full information and try to be as helpful and supportive as humanly possible.
In this instance the poster did not initially deal directly with WYSIWYG kennels and once we attempted to get involved to find a solution they responded with a solicitors letter to stop that attempt. Interestingly the offer that we made at the start is the offer that the arbiter decided was a fair and equitable offer.
As for the claim of eye issues, both parents are clear, the clearance provided by the vet in Victoria only shows that the bitch had an operation and the rest of the eyes are clear of all issues. We also have DNA clearances as well.
As for the other fanciful claims made I would happily have any actual evidence posted as they are totally ridiculous and not worthy of a response. Sadly this person has a very nasty bunch of sour grapes at not getting her way in court and being told she was acting unreasonably.
I am providing this reply for information purposes and to clear the issue up however I will ask the Moderators to remove the initial post and perhaps block the Original poster from posting more libellous content. We have screenshots of the post and it is clearly written by only one person.
Happy to put my own name to this
Anthea Adamopoulos
Sounds like you have some other issues that I wasn't aware of...but that's not what this post is about Anthea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Warning!! Do not buy from WYSIWYG Kennels or Santamaria Kennels! Both kennels take non-refundable deposits (they may call them "booking fees" or something else), but they have no intention of giving you a puppy or your money back! They may be registered breeders with ANKC but they're scamming people.

I had bought a dog from WYSIWYG Kennels and the puppy had a hereditary condition and they refused to acknowledge it and it ended up costing me over $5K to fix! And I found out they are breeding with another puppy from this litter who also has the same hereditary condition and her puppies will have the same condition! These are horribly unethical people who only care about profits and not the well-being of the dogs.

Also, WYSIWYG Kennels has delivered 200+ puppies in the last year! Reputable breeders have delivered 2-3 litters in the last year. Their conditions for breeding are horrific and they are somehow getting away with not being classified as a puppy farm! These are despicable people who do not love dogs. They have kidnapped, baited, and killed dogs in the past. The owners of these kennels are convicted felons and continue to do shockingly unethical things.

There have been numerous complaints made to Dogs Queensland and Dogs Victoria about these breeders, but there is strong evidence they paid off or threatened the people who made the complaints to have them retracted.

Neither WYSIWYG or Santamaria are members of the Golden Retriever Clubs in the states and that's because they were kicked out for their unethical behaviour. Do not get scammed by these people like myself and so many people have!

Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM THESE KENNELS!
This is Margaret East and I presume this post is from Katie Novey who lost a case in court last Wednesday also her information is given to her by Sandi Kean both loosers in court dealings.

moderator there is now another court case against these 2 people so I would remove this now
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, I bought my dog in 2018 and she had issues with her heart, not her eyes? I didn't realise at the time, but was told I should warn people so that's what I'm doing.

All I'm trying to do is warn people of my experience. I'm allowed to voice my opinion, you can listen or not and make your own judgement, but I don't understand who you're referring to...obviously there are multiple people with issues with these breeders. But I feel quite attacked...I can take this post down?

And do a google search on these breeders, that information is public and isn't a smear...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Try googling them. There are multiple articles about this and felony past is public record in Australia. Sunday Morning Herald has a shocking story about the Kidnapping of Poddy. Not sure how they can bring legal action when I'm simply sharing my experience and public information?

In fairness, I did try Googling. Herald Sun is behind a pay wall, so it's not possible to read/verify on their site. I also tried finding an Australian site for criminal records. Nothing. You don't seem too concerned about repercussions, so if you have valid links.

Frankly, I believe you're at a point on this thread where it's "put up, or shut up". Making references to unreachable stories, especially ones that simply acknowledge a "feud" without appearing to assign fault, is a somewhat disingenuous move.

·
Premium Member
18,566 Posts

The link to the Herald Sun does not work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is Margaret East and I presume this post is from Katie Novey who lost a case in court last Wednesday also her information is given to her by Sandi Kean both loosers in court dealings.

moderator there is now another court case against these 2 people so I would remove this now
Look, my post is valid and nothing to do with these people you're referring to. But I don't want to deal with this mess...you people are clearly insane, so I will delete it. I'll find another way to warn people about the quality of your kennel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.