Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another thread mentioned you could bring dogs into the Prime Outlets in MI. I began wondering if there was an online list of restaurants, etc. you can take dogs into.
There is!
www.dogfriendly.com

You can select a state (or province of Canada I think it said), then select the city you are interested in. It lists dog friendly hotels, parks, restaurants, etc.

What a great resource for traveling with our dogs.

·
RIP Sweet Skyler
9,306 Posts
Took RDog into REI for some backpack stuff yesterday and immediately got the " IS THAT A SERVICE DOG?" yell down - and without batting an eye I said - you betcha!!
Everything was fine until I looked down and Rusty had a 5lb bag of beef jerky hanging from his mouth walking around!!!! Never even saw or heard the rascal take it off an end display!!!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
I love this site, I always go to it when going to a new city

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Took RDog into REI for some backpack stuff yesterday and immediately got the " IS THAT A SERVICE DOG?" yell down - and without batting an eye I said - you betcha!!
Everything was fine until I looked down and Rusty had a 5lb bag of beef jerky hanging from his mouth walking around!!!! Never even saw or heard the rascal take it off an end display!!!
Too funny! I could see Tucker doing this. I also heard Home Depot is ok with dogs in their stores, but I have never tried it.

We like Dogfriendly.com as well. We have found a great place in Dewey Beach, DE that we love to go to. We also found other places that way as well.

I had asked the mod's to start our own "dogfriendly" section so we could post our own places and reviews by geographic area. Apparently there was no interest. Too bad, I would have thought there would be.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That's priceless!

My oldest golden, now gone nearly a year, was a sneaky thief--the rawhides down at the bottom row at any of the pet supermarkets--he'd try to make off with one of them--or he'd grab a stuffed toy and carry it around--which was so odd because he never was much into toys, except destroying them.

At one doggie bakery, I bought a couple of dog gourmet cookies, and had to buy two more because Jake, and my other senior, now gone, Alli, had scarfed two cookies that were at their eye level, right below the counter (I bet that was a good way to increase sales). I noticed those jaws moving and crumbs dropping on the floor as I bent my head to put my change in my purse. They were busted. And so was I--guilty of not watching them.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
If you want to put under Product Recommendations a place I will make it a stick so that it always stays at the top of that section. And then talk to admin to make a new subsection of that area.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts