Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope I don't jinx it but can I just say..... LET'S GO DETROIT LIONS!!!!!

It has been a LONG time since the Lions could come from behind to win a game and they have done it twice in a row. They have been the highest scoring losing team in the NFL. I am not a huge football fan, especially professional, but I am rooting for them. I know they won't win every game but the start of this season gives fans serious hope. They are 4-0 for the start of their season. I think it was just 3 years ago, they lost every single game in the season they played.

·
Registered
21,114 Posts
oops, duplicate post

·
Registered
21,114 Posts
:woot2:Go Packers! :woot2::nana:

·
Registered
21,114 Posts
ooops, sorry, duplicated the post ;)

·
Registered
21,114 Posts
:woot2:Go packers:woot2::nana:

·
Registered
21,114 Posts
I crack myself up. I tried to edit the post to get rid of the duplicate, and ended up posting it a THIRD time. Talk about techno-challenged, sheeesh.

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
I agree - GO LIONS!! I've been a Lions fan for a long time now, so it's nice to be able to wear my jersey without people giving me weird looks. lol In the words of one of my facebook friends: "It usually sucks to see all of the bandwagon fans when a sports team starts doing well...but who would've thought that the Lions could ever have bandwagon fans?" lol

·
Registered
21,114 Posts
one time when I was on a plane landing in Chicago, the captain came on and said, "Welcome to Chicago, home of the 1908 World Champion Chicago Cubs". It got a huge laugh from everyone!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
"Highest scoring losing team" Ah, I remember those days well. If we scored 20 points 'they' scored 23, if we scored 33 points 'they' got 37. We DID score well enough that most other teams would have been able to put it in the win column.

Off to a great starting and cheering for them all the way!

btw, I do not believe those "Go Pack' duplicates posts were the result of techno ignorance. :no: just sayin.....;)

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
there's a team called the Lions? :curtain:

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's just nice to see them finish the games. I would like them to dominate from the beginning but we will take come from behind wins any day. The Lions fans have been waiting a LONG time to have hope like they do.

They play Monday night football at home for the first time in YEARS on Monday. They also hopefully won't have any blacked out locally games because of bad ticket sales. I knew things would improve when Millan got ousted!

Of course I still think we need to be prepared for armegeddon if the Lions ever make the Super Bowl. I don't know the earth and it's atmosphere can handle that. Long way away still I know. We will take game wins for now and be really happy.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
uh, don't want to burst your bubble, but the Cowboys are HORRIBLE and you really can't judge a team against them because they are so worthless.

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
uh, don't want to burst your bubble, but the Cowboys are HORRIBLE and you really can't judge a team against them because they are so worthless.
Yeah, but having a team go from 0-16 to starting the season off 4-0 just a couple years later is an awesome feeling, no matter who they're playing. lol

·
Kate
21,232 Posts
I think Detroit sports fans, Lions especially, will take any positive at this point.

All the guys here at work are going around starry eyed.

I went to the Krogers by my work to grab lunch and had to chuckle when I saw the mix of Tigers jackets and Lions jerseys walking around the store. That's just not normal. :D

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That didn't matter a couple years ago, the Lions still would have lost. It's just nice they aren't the worst anymore. We really did 3 years ago have a perfect season....of losses. That is bad.

Hey if they can get their confidence up against not so hot teams so that when they face other teams they have faith, I am all for it.

Hey we could have the Lions, Tigers and Wings win all on the same day. I think Detroit sports fans would faint.

·
Matt
235 Posts

Lol, I will admit I'm a certified football nut so most probably won't know who I'm talking about, but I'm sitting here watching first take on espn and Skip Bayless is talking about Dallas right now. How many picks and games does this dude have to lose for him to understand....Dallas needs a new Franchise QB!! I will admit I don't follow the Cowboys very closely, I'm not a fan, I am not anti- cowboy though. I hope I don't offend any Romo lovers, but I have the perfect analogy, Tony is Brett Farvre, but without any of the good stuff.

Back to the Lions, as long as Stafford and CJ can stay healthy they have a chance to go deep in the playoffs.....did I just say Lions and playoffs in the same sentence....sheesh

Gotta show some love for my Eagles, I would just like for them to look up the definition of tackle in the dictionary and DO IT!!!!

·
aka Sam =)
4,971 Posts
I will say...I'd like to see Stanton get some field time this season. I know he's not the greatest QB out there, but he graduated from my high school, so it's nice to see a hometown boy in the NFL. I actually went to the game a couple years ago where he got his first NFL touchdown pass against Jacksonville. That was AWESOME to see.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Lol, I will admit I'm a certified football nut so most probably won't know who I'm talking about, but I'm sitting here watching first take on espn and Skip Bayless is talking about Dallas right now. How many picks and games does this dude have to lose for him to understand....Dallas needs a new Franchise QB!! I will admit I don't follow the Cowboys very closely, I'm not a fan, I am not anti- cowboy though. I hope I don't offend any Romo lovers, but I have the perfect analogy, Tony is Brett Farvre, but without any of the good stuff.

Back to the Lions, as long as Stafford and CJ can stay healthy they have a chance to go deep in the playoffs.....did I just say Lions and playoffs in the same sentence....sheesh

Gotta show some love for my Eagles, I would just like for them to look up the definition of tackle in the dictionary and DO IT!!!!
The problem with the Cowboys is a man named Jerry Jones, who owns the team and tries to coach it as well. :( If Jerry Jones ever sells the team I think things will improve.

I never understood Romo....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts