Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out results from obedience trials last weekend. First String's Liv'n on the Edge had an awesome weekend. Scored 200 from open and 199.5 in utility BOTH Sat and Sun. Most people could only dream of doing so well in both classes one day, I can't imagine being able to pull that off 2 days in a row. Of course her other dog was right behind all weekend. It must be a nice problem to have your two dogs fighting over the OTCH points all the time!

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Isn't that cool! I have had the pleasure of stewarding for our local 4 day shows for the past few years (next year, I will be a competitor) and every year, Terri Southard (Coppertop Goldens) and Louise Fox (Border Collie) compete for high in trial/high combined. Usually one or both walk away with a couple of 200's from either Open or Utility. It just makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck, it is like watching poetry in motion! Plus both ladies are so nice.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Imagine the judge calling out that there's a run off, and it's both of your dogs! "But judge, I can not decide--just give me the rosette and I'll cut it in two!"

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
in our area, I don't think anyone EVER gets a HIT with less than a 199-1/2. Usually a 199-1/2+.
It's depressing for us mere mortals!

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When Dave Gannon was showing both Skater and Boss, there were many times that he was in a run off with the two.

I think what is really silly is when the same dog ties for HIT out of two different classes, and you still have to do a run off to find out which class to count the HIT out of.

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
1,150 Posts
That is pretty awesome! I believe Kathleen had to do a run-off between Shale and Buoy at the National for a High in-something rather...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts