Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now,first i'm going to ask you if it's appropriate to post here about this.If not-know that i write here only driven by care and attention towards hurt,homeless and sick animals,and if it's not ok,i'll leave it.It's about that:I'm from Bulgaria-a country in Europe,situated on the Balkans.I'm very sad to say,that the situation with homeless animals is very bad-there are many,the government does nothing to help,there's bad people who hurt and poison them.Now,these ''people'' are not so much,but they do damage...Or it's just sick animals,or souls hit by a car...There are different stories behind them.The common thing is-there are people here that try and do their best to help them.Only volunteers.Nothing structured,but we tend to work really great via facebook,phones,forums.Foster care is starting to become more and more popular here,we see the dreamed word:''ADOPTED'' more and more often.Some people really do everything in their power to help-many badly injured or severely sick dogs and cats are treated in the best vet clinic here-Central veterinary clinic.The care there is superb,they do wonders,but it also cost a lot.We do what we can to pay-we donate,we do charity sales..But we've taken many animals under our custody,that otherwise would not have survived.Now i feel very bad asking,but if i post here the translated stories of some of the animals,that need help,so if someone here wants to help they could?It goes directly to the clinic and for the animals,i can guarantee.There's no small help.But if you guys feel it's not appropriate,or it's agains rules,i'll just post the stories,and ask you to keep your fingers crossed for us..Feel free to ask me qustiones.
Thanks-Marina.(Bell)

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Perhaps you can get in contact with people through the Rescue forum, and ask people who are involved with rescue how they start something like what you want to do. They probably have tips on how to get financial support (by officially creating some kind of rescue organization and getting volunteers to help you, by making a website, etc). Good luck

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much!Even moral support is enough-we're fighting a big fight...There is account,that's not personal-the clinic made it,i think it could be checked.There's also PayPal.Appart from financial help,which i'm not so pleased to seek,but we have no other way,i would greatly appreciate any suggestions,expirience,or just good thoughts.:crossfing

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So,as i've said,i would appreciate any advice and help.Would you like to ''meet'' some of the animals we help,and read their stories?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Bell

Bell

It is absolutely wonderful what you and the other animal lovers are doing to save animals. Unfortunately, the number of unwanted animals, lack of fosters, shortage of funds, is the same in this country.
You mentioned the wonderful veterinary clinic.
Talk to them and ask if they will give your organization a big discount for all of the animals you rescue.
Post on facebook for rescues and help for the animals.
Wish I could offer more advice, but really wanted to say, that I admire what you are doing!!

Reactions: Bell

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bell

It is absolutely wonderful what you and the other animal lovers are doing to save animals. Unfortunately, the number of unwanted animals, lack of fosters, shortage of funds, is the same in this country.
You mentioned the wonderful veterinary clinic.
Talk to them and ask if they will give your organization a big discount for all of the animals you rescue.
Post on facebook for rescues and help for the animals.
Wish I could offer more advice, but really wanted to say, that I admire what you are doing!!
Thanks for the advice!We post on facebook like crazy.It helps a lot.It's really exhausting...To see some fade away..Today a dog,under one of our volunteers custody could not make it..We all cried-in front of our pc,never having met the dog,but we did...Some might not understand that,but we all did.I hope we can help more and more animals.It hurts like hell to see them sinking below,in the sea of little faces and eyes,that ask:''will you save me?'' And although i know that not all can be helped i grief-for each and every one of them,who did not make it,was run by a car,before a foster home was found,or just..disappeared.Or did not even had the chance to be a one that someone cared for enough to ask for help.:no::( So,with your permission,i'll post some stories with pics tomorrow,so you can meet some of the sweeties,and keep your fingers crossed for them,if you can't help otherwise.I thank you so much for the attention!We all do!

·
Premium Member
18,410 Posts
Thanks for the advice!We post on facebook like crazy.It helps a lot.It's really exhausting...To see some fade away..Today a dog,under one of our volunteers custody could not make it..We all cried-in front of our pc,never having met the dog,but we did...Some might not understand that,but we all did.I hope we can help more and more animals.It hurts like hell to see them sinking below,in the sea of little faces and eyes,that ask:''will you save me?'' And although i know that not all can be helped i grief-for each and every one of them,who did not make it,was run by a car,before a foster home was found,or just..disappeared.Or did not even had the chance to be a one that someone cared for enough to ask for help.:no::( So,with your permission,i'll post some stories with pics tomorrow,so you can meet some of the sweeties,and keep your fingers crossed for them,if you can't help otherwise.I thank you so much for the attention!We all do!
I understand that, I have done the same, cried in front of the computer for a dog(s) I have never met. You and your friends are doing a wonderful thing, thank you.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As promised-here's some of our fighters and their stories.

Liska(Foxy)-One very sad Soul.
This dog was saved after a signal for poison,that caused the painful deaths of 4 dogs.Liska was taken to CVC(central veterinary clinic)she is being treated there.She has some internal burns,because of the poison,she's being fed with a stomach-tube,with grounded food.Vets think she can recover,but she needs time and sterile environmen,to avoid infections.Hopefully,she'll come through,despite a recent deterioration in her condition.She's in good care,fingers crossed she makes it.Here's how and where you can help:
Central veterinary clinic(CVC):GALBA BG45BUIB98881007429901 / CIBANK / SWIFT BUIBBGSF-'reason''just write the name of this sweet animal-Liska!THANK YOU!
There's also a PaPal option,if someone wants to donate thatway,write to E-mail:[email protected]
Econt,easy pay or e-pay are also options.
E-pay client's number:0808296103
You can also directly donate in the clinic.

That's Richy.He was saved,after a call for a cat,that had been attacked by a dog.Because he was a stray,people were just waiting to see,if he could recover on his own or..not.But that was not to be left this way.He was helped,and now we ask anyone,who can help with the bills for his operation and treatment to do so!Here's where and how you can help.:
The most important and urgent help Richy needs is a home-at least a foster one.He needs MOVEMENT AND SPECIAL CARE AND ATTENTION more than anything.He is only a few months old,and he spens his days in cage-without the two thingс he needs most-someone by his side and movement,rehabilitation.He has made attempts to step on his feet,but has some trouble peeing!Be his special person.For donations: Central veterinary clinic(CVC):GALBA BG45BUIB98881007429901 / CIBANK / SWIFT BUIBBGSF-'reason''just write the name of this sweet animal-Richy!THANK YOU!
There's also a PaPal option,if someone wants to donate thatway,write to E-mail:[email protected]

This is Rijka(Ginger)after the operation.She was hit by a car,and left on the road,then she was taken to CVC(central veterinary clinic),where her rescuers were unable to pay for the operation and treatment,and they wanted to leave her back on the street.We literally caught her at the door,and took her back,so she could be operated,and we booked her under Rosi's custody.Rijka has undergone two operations.We are looking fo a finacial help for her,as the bills grow with every day.Here's where and how you can help:
CVC(central veterinary clinic):CVC-GALBA BG45BUIB98881007429901/CIBANK/ SWIFT BUIBBGSF.
In ''reason''just write the name of this sweet animal-RijkaTHANK YOU!
There's also a PaPal option,if someone wants to donate thatway,write to .E-mail:[email protected]

Lynda-The story of a homeless pup,hit by a car,found on the road,crying in pain,trying to get up...dragging her body,covered in blood..Luckily,the dog was seen by good and concerned people,and they called for help.They were given a cell phone number,and it turned out to be...mine.:) Well,that's right.While they were speaking to me,the kind people,worried by the sight of the dragging,bloody and crying dog,and were trying to figure out what to do now...
Again,the pup was in luck-mister Rumen Barakov was passing by,and immediately picked up the little broken body,and transported it to CVC(central veterinary clinic),when she was booked in as patient 9434.The necessary measure were taken,so the dog could be saved.For the first two days in the clinic,for diagnoze and stabilizing of dog 9434,the money,142 leva were fully paid by mister Barakov,who,with hope and trust towards Zoopolice(volunteers),asked that we take care of the hurt dog.Great thanks for the PERSON R.Barakov,who did't leave the hurt and helpless dog to suffer.As he said-''i did what i had to do,now you take it from here.''Also,thanks to volunteer Daniela Karpuzova- Kaladjian,she took custody over dog 9434,and gave her a great name-LYNDA.And here's the update:more than encouraging:Linda has been operated,her broken pelvis was fixed with a plate,there are three screws in her back leg,to support the leg.The flesh wounds are deep,but are healing nicely.Lynda's operations,with stay included,are worth 642 lv.LYNDA IS READY TO LEAVE THE CLINIC.She needs to be placed in a foster home,so she can avoid preasure on her injured spots.People,please let's help this pup!She will make a full recovery,for sure.She has a nice friendly temperament,and trust people,despite what she went through,and she loves human attention.For donations:
Central veterinary clinic(CVC):GALBA BG45BUIB98881007429901 / CIBANK / SWIFT BUIBBGSF-'reason''just write the name of this sweet animal-LYNDA!THANK YOU!
There's also a PaPal option,if someone wants to donate thatway,write to:[email protected]

This poor dog was named Benji.He was taken from Blagoevgrad.In the middle of the night,one amazing girl travels from Sofia to Blagoevgrad to pick him up.He was first found on the road-helpless,cars were passing him by..Some good people took him in and kept him warm and safe for the night.His rescuers heard he had been beaten with sticks..The dog was taken to CVC(central veterinary clinic)when they operated on his battered legs.He is in shock from the severe beating-he's terrified when he sees a human,he cries,he even pees from fear.A woman with a kind heart responded to the request for help,and opened up her home and heart for Benji.But she can't afford to pay the vet bills.Please,help Benji.After the horror,the beating,the kicking,the cold..he deserves the best!Here's how and where you can help:
Central veterinary clinic(CVC):GALBA BG45BUIB98881007429901 / CIBANK / SWIFT BUIBBGSF-'reason''just write the name of this sweet animal-Benji.
There's also a PaPal option,if someone wants to donate thatway,write to:[email protected]

I'm sorry it's long,but there are many more than these here...I would appreciate any advice-connections to rescue groups and organizatoins,little donations,if you can,or just good thoughts!THANK YOU FOR READING!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts