Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of contacting the folks we got Seamas from. I have their address from when we registered him and was thinking of writing them asking if they wouldn't mind emailing some photos of the litter (They just had the one) and his parents. I'll send them a photo of him as well. I think they'd like that. He was the last pup as we were delayed a week from getting him and they had a special fondness for him.

BTW he's 3 tomorrow. I never thought I could love a dog so much. Sniff!

Attachments

·
Kate
20,697 Posts
Not odd at all. :)

I did the same thing with my guy because I don't have any pictures of his parents or him when he still looked like a fuzzy white hamster.

They unfortunately did not keep pictures from the litter, but it was worth a try.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
No I don't think it would be odd at all. I think they might really like to see a picture of him. Who wouldn't? He's a very handsome boy! Let us know how it goes - and share the pics!! :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
We have tons of piucs from our litter and would / have shered with our puppy parents. I wish I had more current pics of the pups as they have grown- currently we are able to see / meet with 7 of the 12. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
not odd at all. Our Breeder gave us a picture of both the mother and father together. I do want to ask her for the picture she took of us the day we got him. I say go for it!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We never saw his Dad. Him Mom was sweet and he looked like her. I would like one of Mom and Dad especially as we met both Liam's parents.

·
Registered
4,761 Posts
What beautiful dogs! I'm sure the breeder will be thrilled - fingers crossed that they have pictures saved somewhere. I would love to see a picture of my Riley as a puppy - I wonder what he looked like...?

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I've emailed and sent pics to Hank's breeder several times over the last 2 years. She always writes back and seems happy to hear about him.

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
I'm sure they would love to keep in touch and share photos with you.
Ike's parents are from two different Breeders who had a litter together. Ike's Mom's Breeder kept the females and Ike's sire's Breeder kept the males. I was able to meet Ike's Daddy and brothers, but not Mom and the sisters. I have been able to keep in touch thru email with both Mom and Dad and have pics of Ike's litter. Ike has a sister who could be his twin, they look almost identical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts