Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out the day after Christmas that my close cousin, Cody, who lives back in So Cal with the rest of my family, passed on Christmas day... It was very surprising and absolutely heart breaking... I have another cousin who works for American Airlines and managed to get me a guest pass so I will be heading home Jan 6 for the memorial, which is on the 8th...

Kahuna is 14 weeks today and I am his primary caregiver... I live with my boyfriend, but he is a pilot in the Coast Guard and is extremely busy... I don't want to say this is an inconvenience, because that's demeaning to Cody and Kahuna, but I don't know how else to say it... I wish shipping him were an option, but in reality I'll only be in So Cal a few days (but because Kahuna will be here)

It's just a rough time right now and I wish my little man could come with me during this hard time... There's no healing magic like golden love :( Sorry for the downer story but I see so much support on this forum and I could really use some...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Soooo sorry about your cousin. You need to be there. Your pup can learn to adjust to a kennel or pet sitter. My six go to a kennel or I have a house sitter. When two of my pups were ver young they went to an exclusive boarding kennel for Goldens.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Are you flying out of RDU or another airport? If RDU, I may be able to help you by keeping him for you if you need me to. He'd have 3 big dogs to play with.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am very sorry about your cousin.

I left Beamer for a week when he was about 12 weeks old and did great with it. I had one of my co-workers stay at my house and watch him and a few other pets for the week.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much guys :) Looks like Erik's coastie friends will be stopping by to feed him and let him out when I'm not around... I'm actually flying out of Norfolk :/ Your offer means the world to me tho, thanks

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I'm sorry you have to fly there for such a sad reason. I am glad that you have someone who can step in and help care for him. If I were closer, I would have offered to go to your place, but unfortunately, I'm almost 4 hours away. Hang in there!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. As for Kahuna, look at this as a socialization experience for him. We boarded Bentley when he was 4 months old and he LOVED it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really appreciate that... I wanted to go home for xmas so badly too... It all seems like some bad cosmic joke... The morning I found out Kahuna could tell how distressed I was and immediately came to me and laid by my feet ALL DAY giving me affectionate kisses once in a while... I was very touched by how in tune we are already...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts