Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today was one of the worst days ever, I had such a horrible scare I just need to tell you guys. So I'm driving home from Lucy's training and as I'm about 5 minutes from my house I notice a white pick up truck following me. I realize this and of course I freak out and this a**h*** almost hit me in the back and then he got on my side and tried hitting me also. I think he wanted me to put my window down probably to kill me or something, I was so scared. Then as I was getting closer to my house he got close and closer to me and I realized that he was getting upset ans starting flashing his lights at me. As I am getting to my driveway he almost slams into me and I had to go into my neighbors yard.:( I called my mom and she came out and he left. I'm freaked out now. Any suggestions?

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
What?! Oh my goodness, how scary. I would have been crying by that point. Oh my god. Did you by any chance get his license plate number? I wouldn't have been able to, I would have been too terrified. That man should NOT be driving - he should be getting counseling for his rage. I'm sorry this happened to you. :( Angry drivers always make me so nervous.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did start crying and I was not able to get his license plate unfortunately! I really hate Miami, I can't wait to leave. So many crazy things have happened to me in the street already I'm so terrified already.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Take a deep breath and big hugs I am sure it was very scary. If anything like this happens to you again don't dive home you don't want someone like this knowing where you live. Use a cell to call 911.

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I'm so sorry! Would it help to call the police? You saw his car make and model at least to tell them.

I had an incident like that happen to me about 10 years ago, that's how much it scared me!
A guy apparently didn't like that I was turning left and had to stop and wait for traffic to pass to turn. So he tries to go around me and I almost hit him since I was turning. He jumps out of his car and starts pounding on my hood and my window. He was screaming "I'm going to kill you Bitch!" Scared the crap out of me! It is the only time in my life I wish I had had a gun!

He then got back in his car when I backed up and tore off. he followed me so I didn't want him to know where I lived so I went to the school by my house and pulled in front where people were. He passed me fast. I didn't get the license no. I called the police. They came out and took my statement but couldn't do anything without his license no. They said they'd patrol the neighborhood for a few days looking for his car but I never saw him again. I'll never forget his face. I so understand how you feel.

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Ugh. I don't understand how people can allow themselves to get so worked up over driving issues. I often get upset with people when they do dumb things and I'll maybe yell a few obscenities at my windshield, but I would never try to run them down with my car or actually get OUT of my car and threaten them! Some people are so scary.

·
Angel Gage's Grandma
8,017 Posts
I know. I was driving to work one morning, in the far right lane, going the speed limit. Suddenly this moron in a pickup truck zooms around me, then cuts right in front of me and slams his brakes on. I have no idea why. I hadn't even seen him before that, and nothing had happened. He apparently was going the same place as I (to work). In hindsight, I should have said something to the guard at the gate.

Like kdmarsh, I'm always yelling at people, but inside my car where no one can hear me. I would not ever try to hurt someone just because they drive like idiots.

Speaking of which, the drivers in Tucson last week were the most polite, law-abiding drivers I've ever seen! What a nice change from the hot-heads around here.

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Isn't Miami supposedly supposed to have the worst drivers in the country?

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
I thought Boston had the worst drivers (based on my one trip there). The REALLY scarey drivers are in Moscow. I saw two bodies on the road when I was there. Drivers stop for NOTHING or NOBODY.
Oh my god. That's horrible. Remind me never go to THERE.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
Speaking of which, the drivers in Tucson last week were the most polite, law-abiding drivers I've ever seen! What a nice change from the hot-heads around here.
That's so funny that you say that. I noticed the EXACT SAME THING when I was in Washington State!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Like a couple others have said if it happens again DO NOT DRIVE HOME!!!! Go to a police department or convience store or somewhere very public and very lit up. Perhaps buy some pepper spray? That way you have something to protect yourself, but it's also not deadly.

·
3 goldens
11,697 Posts
I KNOW JUST HOW SCARED YOU WERE AND DON'T BLAME YOU IN THE LEAST.

ONE THING FOR SURE, NEVER GO STRAIGHT HOME IF YOU THINK YOU ARE BEING FOLLOWED BECAUSE THE CREEP THEN KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE. THT HAPPENED TO GIRL FRIEND OF MINE WHEN WE LIVED IN OHIO. THE GUY FOLLOWED HER FROM GIANT TIGER AND WENT THRU RED LIGHTS BEHIND HER. SHE GOT HOME, JUMPED OUT OF THE CAR, LEFT THE DOOR OPEN AND RAN INTO THE HOUSE SCREAMING FOR HER HUSBAND. THIS WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE AFTEROON.

I HAD ONE FOLLOW ME AT NIGHT AND HE THEN HE PULLED ALONG SIDE ME, THEN AHEAD OF ME AND WHIPPED AROUND AND BLOCKED MY LANE. IT WAS DRIZZLING RAIN. I STOPPED AND HE GOT OUT OF HIS CAR AND STRTE BACK TOWRDS MINE. i FLOORED MY CAR ND TOOK OFF AROUND THE BACK OF HIS WITH THE REAR OF MY CAR FISH TAILING ON THAT SLICK ROAD. I HEARD A THUD AND THOUGHT MY REAR END MAY HAVE HIT HIM, BUT I DID NOT STOP. THERE WAS A CROSS ROAD AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL AND I HAD TO TURN RIGHT AND THAT WAS ONLY ONE BLOCK AND DEAD ENDED INTO SUMMT LAKE. IF HE SAW ME GO RIGHT HE COULD FIND ME EASY. I TURNED OFF MY LIGHTS SO HE COULD NOT SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS AND NOT KNOW IF I WENT STRIGHT OR TURNED LEFT OR RIGHT.

GOT IN AND CALLED POLICE. I TOLD THEM THE REAR OF MY CAR MY HAVE HIT HIM--BUT THEY SAID HE COULD HAVE HIT IT WITH HIS FIST TO TRY TO MAKE ME THINK I HAD HIT HIM AND STOP. BUT YOU KNOW THEY TOLD ME THAT IF THE REAR OF MY CAR HAD HIT HIM AND INJURED HIM I COULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR HIT AND RUN. I WOULD HAVE HAD TO PROVE HE TRIED TO BLOCK ME AND THAT HE HAD NOT HAD CAR PROBLEMS AND WAS JUST TRYING TO GET SOMEONE TO STOP.

FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS I WENT A DIFFEENT ROUTE HOME FROM WORK AT NIGHT. AND HAD IT BEEN DAY AND NOT NIGHT I WOULD NOT HAVE GONE STRIGHT HOME BUT TO POLICESTATION OF POSSIBLE AND IF NOT, TO PLACE WHERE THERE WERE LOTS OF PEOPLE.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know it was so stupid of me to go into my driveway, but I didn't at first and then I realized that it might be more dangerous at the moment to keep going so I went back. I was just so scared I didn't react quick enough to do the right thing. Now I am so worried that this person is going to do something, now knowing where I live. Oh and my neighborhood is pretty dark, which makes it so much worse. I swear sometimes I want to buy a gun, I have had some crazy stokers in the past I'm terrified at this point. There are just so many crazy people out there.

Oh yes, Miami does have the worst drivers in the country no questions asked. Everyday I go out, I drive very cautiously and aware of everything if not I might not get home.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You poor thing! You really should report to the local police and just be aware when you are out again. Keep the cell phone handy. I dont know what we did without them. Try to stay calm which sounds nuts because I know I wouldnt be. Thoughts with you.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
One thing you can do is call your local police dept. and tell them the situation and the make of the car and just ask for extra patrol. They will, generally, post it to their officers so that you can have an officer drive out there every so often and make sure things look normal and that the car is not in the area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts