Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can worry drive a person insane? MY hubby is looking worse, they are still trying to get him into the drug trail, his cancer doc., he woke up this morning,the swollen leg,has a bump on it, fairly good size, he has a appointment with his doctor,today, i am so worried.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am so sorry you're having such a hard time :( And yes, worry can hurt you... If you maintain long term stress you cortisol levels increase and that takes a toll on your heart etc :( I wish there was anything I could do to help you!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. Have you tried seeing a therapist at all? It might help to have a person to turn to that can talk you through the struggles.
that's an excellent suggestion

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O h yes, i did, i have ocd, chronic depression, just heard from hubby, doc does not think the lump,is a tumor, but does not know what it is.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
But he doesn't think it's a tumor :)

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
So glad he doesnt think its a tumor, Thats good news!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Sending you and your husband healing thoughts.

·
Gunner and Honey's Mom
5,624 Posts
Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your husband. I'm so sorry you are both going through this...hugs.

Reactions: mainegirl

·
Hi, I'm Wendee
1,733 Posts
I'm sorry that you're going through all of this. I know how hard it is since I took care of my mom who had cancer for almost five years before she died. One thing that has helped me a little is telling myself that me worrying myself sick about stuff isn't going to keep bad things from happening and it ruins the present. Try to take some time for yourself and take good care of your own health too.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Good he doesn't think it is a tumor, if he can't get into trial drug study, the study is not closed yet, but his creatinine, is still too high, starts cemo, a week from ,this thursday.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
so sorry you and your husband are going thru such a hard time. Good thoughts and prayers your way.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Sending all my best wishes. Any idea what the lump is?

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I think you meant to write creatinine? His kidney value?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
While you work to take care of him, make sure to make an effort to take care of yourself. Eat well, sleep as much as you can, exercise to help deal with the stress and depression, and find a support group or therapist who can help you get through this difficult time. It won't help him if you get sick or break down emotionally.

We just lost a family member to leukemia. Her husband ended up in the hospital at Christmas with heart problems and nearly died. He felt like he couldn't take the time to take care of himself, that the focus should be entirely on his sick wife, so he totally neglected his own health and well being. Don't risk it.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Goldensrbest

Goldensrbest

Yes, you can make yourself sick, too.
I will pray for you and your hubby.
Please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts