Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my 5 month old female had WATERY / PASTEY POO yesterday evening den today morning the poo seemed okay now again in d evening her poo was watery . what should i do ? shes all playful active hyper looks totally normal to me . my vet is out of town would be back on Tuesday:(:( & ya she hasn't puked nor has she lost her appetite .. I've clicked a pic of the poo but don't know if i should upload it here cause its might be gross for few people

i'm feeding her curd n rice since last night with some eukanuba today in her lunch

·
Registered
639 Posts
If she doesn't seem sick except for the stools I think she's probably fine. If she can't shake it you can give her a bland diet for a few days (I do boiled hamburger and rice but you can do any bland protein like chicken or cottage cheese with rice) and then gradually switch her back to her regular food.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts

Has your baby been tested for Parvo at your vet.
Is she eating?
Is she vomiting?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Morbidangel

Morbidangel

How long has her poo been watery?

Ozzy's Mom is right about feeding boiled hamburger and rice.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Great idea

If she doesn't seem sick except for the stools I think she's probably fine. If she can't shake it you can give her a bland diet for a few days (I do boiled hamburger and rice but you can do any bland protein like chicken or cottage cheese with rice) and then gradually switch her back to her regular food.
I agree with what Ozzy's Mom said above.

·
Registered
163 Posts
She is most probably fine though a trip to the vet's should be made as soon as he returns. As long as she is eating and drinking fine I would not worry too much. Try boiled chicken and rice. That should soothe her stomach and try to divide the food into smaller portions to be fed over the day. Make sure that she is drinking fine. I am sure that she will be fine. These instances are very common in a puppy's life :). Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts