Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Michelle, M & M's mommy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time I'm gonna have to take Molly to the vet for something other than a normal check up. Yesterday she threw up twice, but it didn't appear to have anything in it (like she had eaten something). I didn't really think much of it as she continued to eat, play, and go to the bathroom normally. About an hour or so ago she threw up again, and then again 1/2 an hour later. Again it was nothing more than stomach bile. I went ahead and made an appointment for her later this evening. I did notice after making the appointment that she has not eaten anything today. I am trying not to worry (although that is my specialty) but she's my baby girl. :(

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sure hope it is nothing serious & they are feeling better soon. Did she poop today? If you put your ear to her belly can you hear "bowel sounds"? Bile is better to be throwing up than some other stuff. Is she drinking? I believe dogs can have gatoraid or pedialyte if needed to help with electrolytes if they have been vomiting. I give my dogs peptobismol, but seeing the vet is definitely a good idea.
Keep us informed.

·
Michelle, M & M's mommy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had read the previous post about hunger making them throw up, but Molly's food from this morning was still in her bowl, untouched.

This morning she and I were out in the yard playing like normal so I can't say that anything has changed in her behavior.

·
Michelle, M & M's mommy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traz, I actually can't say for sure if she has had any water today or not. It's hard to tell if I don't actually see her do it. Why is stomach bile better than throwing up other stuff? I kinda wish she was throwing up something so then I would know what was upsetting her stomach. I did not hear any bowel sounds when I laid my head on her stomach (although Molly thought that was great fun, LOL).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts