Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmmmm I had placed an order for free address labels with Vistaprint and realized they never arrived so I emailed them today and they said they should have arrived sometime around 11/1 since they haven't they are sending me a new order

Then I was writing out bills when I realized I got my electric bill and not my gas bill, they usually come around the same time, she said the same thing, should have come around 11/1

Now I'm wondering what other mail we didn't get -- and what happened to it -- there wasn't a day that we didn't get any mail so I'm :confused:

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
For safety's sake, I'd go to the post office and talk to them. Might have been a foul up there. It would be good to have it on record that you contacted them.

Reactions: 2goldens2love

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I asked because I work in publishing and one of the magazines we publish isn't making it to many of our California subscribers.

I will say that we've had two bills recently that we have gotten in that had a past due amount. My husband apparently wasn't following our budget and knowing what is due when, so he didn't realize that they hadn't come in the mail. Fortunately on both of them they saw we'd never been late and waived the late fee.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
We periodically have problems with mail deliveries. Whoever sorts the mail sends ours to a home two blocks away with the same address number and sometimes we get theirs. We decided to just make sure to walk the misdelivered mail to the other's home. It's frustrating! I hope you get to the bottom of the missing mail.

·
Kate
21,663 Posts
We have the same issues as Dallas Gold when it comes to our mail delivered to our neighbors. It's why I don't want any checks mailed to me and I opted for online statements for everything vs regular mail.

Heck. Even at our work we had a huge problem where checks we were mailing out to customers were going into some black hole at the post office. They "found" a pack of envelopes almost a year after we dropped them off. :bowl: And they wonder why the post office is going out of business.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
On the bills--we signed up for direct payments from our checking account and then opted for online statements instead of the paper ones. That cut down on a lot of our mail too. After a rash of mailbox thefts a few years ago we started picking our checks up at the bank.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
In my town we all go outside and exchange the misdelivered mail we get. In the old days I actually got mail delivered to me that had no street address or number. Just my name and city.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I remember seeing my husband's ancestor's old letters where there was no street-just the name and city on the envelope.....but these letters were from almost 100 years ago. Rob I didn't know you were so old!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
I'm not 100 but I'm halfway there.

I remember seeing my husband's ancestor's old letters where there was no street-just the name and city on the envelope.....but these letters were from almost 100 years ago. Rob I didn't know you were so old!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Definately check at the post office....we found out our old carrier was stealing our mail when the genious delivered a sample of that desserts gum I had ordered that was just an empty envelope.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's never happened before -- sometimes the mailman used to keep all of my magazines/flyers and hold them until the end of the month and then make a special delivery with them -- used to make me :mad: cause I'd miss out on some good sales (hmmmm maybe my dh paid him off lol)

Anyhow if he wants to keep my bills go right ahead -- but don't touch my freebies!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Oakly's Dad, I think it still happens in Cumberland,Maine!!!!

Reactions: Oaklys Dad

·
3 goldens
11,923 Posts
OUR TOWN IS JUST A TAD OVER 9000, PROBABLY NOT THAT SINCE THE NAVY BAWE CLOSED. WE HAVE A "CLUSSTER BOX" AT THE END OF THE STREET. i THINK THERE IS LIKE 20 BOXES IN THAT THING. I DON'T KNOW IF OUR MAIL DELIVERY PEOPLE CAN'T READ OR ARE JSUT TO LAZY TO MAKE SURE MAIL IS PUT IN THE CORRECT BOXES.

WHEN I GET OTHER PEOPLE';S MAIL IN OUR BOX, IF I KNOW THEM, I TAKE IT TO THEM. IF NOT, I JUST MAKR THE ENVOLOP "PUT IN WRONG BOX" IN BIG LETTERS AND DROP IT IN THE SLOT. BUT LOTS DO NOT DO THAT.

WE LIVE ON A HORSE HOSE SAHPED STREET, NO SIDE STREETS. WE LIVE ON THE
EST LEG" OF IT. A FEW YEARS AGO A GIRL WE KNEW FROM ARUND THE BEND BROUGHT ME A JURY DUTY SUMMONS SHE HAD FOUND IN THE STREET ON THE EAST LEG. LUCKILY SHE KNEW ME. LAST YEAR I HAD ORDERED A SECURITY DISC FOR MY COMPUTER. IT WAS FOUND, UNOPENED, IN THE STREET--AND HAD BEEN RUN OVE. NEED I SAY IT WAS RUINED.

LAST cHRISTMAS WE CAME HOMNE AND FOUND A STACK OF 4 cHRISTMAS CARDS BY OUR FRONT DOOR--DELIVERED TO SOMEONE ELSES BOX AND THEY WERE KIND ENOUGH TO BRING THEM TO US.

AND THIS IS JUST A SAMPLE OFGOOF UPS BY OUR POST OFFICE. I COULD GET MY MEDS CHEAPER THRU THE MAIL, BUT AM SCARED I WILL NOT GET THEM. SMALL ENOUGH TO GO IN OUR BOX--MAY BE PUT IN THE WRONG BOXC. UPS AND FED-EX RING THE BELL ONCE AND LEAVE PACKAGE BY THE FRONT DOOR. I JUST CAN'T TRUST NOT TO GET THEM, SO I USE THE PHARMACY.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts