Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Towhee just earned her very 1st Q. Rally Novice, her 1st time in the ring and if her handler had not lost 2 points, she would have been in the ribbons. Judge didn't remember what I did, and nothing stands out in my mind unless possibly the 'oops' I said? Whatever, she heeled really well and her 1st 5 fronts were very nice. I went in hoping for no moving down, cost us point as did the 2nd down but wow, she really did well all things considered. Good girl.

Attachments

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
WOO HOOOO!!!! Congratulations to you!!!

Reactions: Sunrise

·
Titan1
2,353 Posts
Fun way to see how ready for the ring they are huh? Nice way to introduce them to the ring and have a good time all the way! Way to go you two!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fun way to see how ready for the ring they are huh? Nice way to introduce them to the ring and have a good time all the way! Way to go you two!
I only showed her today (Faelan was entered but I just worked him inside didn't go into the ring) so I kept her out a lot - she got bored with the scenery and decided to work LOL And work she did!

Edit to add: Tough judge too - a few people NQ'd because the 'led their dogs' around the ring with the leash or air cookies. A few others I spoke to had Handler Errors but were not quite sure why. But I would have hit Towhee with the slow responses and that final front too (of course I have never done #15 followed by #26 so I think Towhee thought we were doing the attrition thing), so overall I'd say a fair judge

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Go Towhee, show em what the family is made of!

Flip does best with a lot of time outside his crate too. I have a double chair and let him spend a lot of time just sitting next to me.

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Way to go Ms Towhee! Sounds like she had a fun day. Congratulations!!!

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congratulations! Good girl, Towee, and feeling fine!
Grins - thanks!! As I was warming her up, I realized how little training she has had these past few months between her spa trip up north to Barb's and then her abscess and salivary gland problem. I truly am lucky to have this girlie in my life!

·
Loving Flyball
1,626 Posts
Congrats! It is always fun, but hard the first few times in the ring with a nerw dog.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Yay Towhee!!! Proud of you guys!!! Way to go!

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I was just looking at the Springfield results. My guys have shown there at this time, but in conformation. Congrats. I saw that you mentioned previously in another thread about a strictly novice obedience show coming up near you in March. Where exactly is it? My goal this year is to try to get a CD on 9 1/2 year old Samantha. She was taught to heel as a youngster, but spent so much time in the breed ring, that sometimes she forgets herself when heeling ... And gaits around the ring....

·
where the tails wag
13,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was just looking at the Springfield results. My guys have shown there at this time, but in conformation. Congrats. I saw that you mentioned previously in another thread about a strictly novice obedience show coming up near you in March. Where exactly is it? My goal this year is to try to get a CD on 9 1/2 year old Samantha. She was taught to heel as a youngster, but spent so much time in the breed ring, that sometimes she forgets herself when heeling ... And gaits around the ring....
Port Chester (White Plains NY) is having a Novice & Beginner Novice Double Header at the end of March. There will even be a potluck lunch :)

The results are posted already? That was quick! I'll go check it out - I was so busy figuring out what Ms Towhee might need I didn't even get a chance to catch up with friends on how they did!!

ETA: I didn't mention before, but I also brought my Casey - he is pretty much retired but was so hopeful he was going somewhere I couldn't leave him at home. So he got to warm up and go visit the agility area and generally hang a bit - his tail was high & wagging and he was smiling & prancing; there is something so very special about our old gold

1 - 13 of 13 Posts