Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

My name is Vanessa and I have been wanting a puppy for 20+ years. I am excited to say I am anxiously awaiting the pick up day of my new and first ever puppy which will be around Thanksgiving. My husband is very familiar with the breed and was raised with a golden.

I live in Massachusetts and waded through so many websites to find an actual breeder that appeared moral and in the northeast. My breeder is in Vermont and I actually registered on the forums today instead of lurking to see if anyone else has gotten a dog from her or has heard of her.

I am currently a stay at home mama. My kids are 14, 10, and 2.5. My hobbies include reading, napping and obsessing about dogs!

Nice to *meet* you !

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,656 Posts
Hi Vanessa, welcome.

Congratulations on your new puppy, hope you will share pictures and tell us all about your new family member when he/she arrives. Going to be an exciting Thanksgiving in your household this year.

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Welcome, Vanessa! I'm from Massachusetts, too. Looking forward to pics of your new pup!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes :) There has been a change in plans - for the better. I very nearly purchased from a BYB and thanks to the help of some members of this board I did not and found a fabulous breeder who was recommended to me by a member of the Yankee Golden Retriever Club. The best part is if all goes well we can pick up the new pup this weekend. It is a 3 hour trip from MA to ME but thats okay! I just hope I can keep the puppy comfortable. I will definitely post pictures asap probably not so great cell cam ones until I can find my cameras battery charger - I lose that thing all the time :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Where in MA are ya?! Grats on the doggy! I too couldn't find a good place to find a golden puppy here in MA so mine came from Colorado.

PICS PLEASE. =D

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Did you choose your new puppy? Where in Maine are you headed? ( I am in Falmouth).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi Guys!
Long time no post :) I've been very busy with my new puppers. He's awesome! And a ton of work
Lol. I ended up driving 3 hours to Jay, ME but it was worth iit! The breeder name is Gold Dreams.
We named him Skippy- its a name my husband and I picked out while we were dating even before
Marriage and kids. Skippys parents are Kelore's Whispering Willow and AmCh Kelore's Prince
Charming aka Willow and Henry. They are both goooooorgeous. Skippy has a very sexy lineage.
I am in Lowell, MA about 20 north of Boston. Ohhh Acton is so close to me! Good to know
Though. Sorry for the weird caps I am on my phone.

I would love to post a million pics do I host them somewhere then post here or can I upload
Directly?

·
Pippa and Watson’s mom
611 Posts
Hi Guys!
I am in Lowell, MA about 20 north of Boston. Ohhh Acton is so close to me! Good to know
We're just down the road from you! Pippa is nine months old, and we're bringing her half brother home on Dec. 10. So glad you found Skippy and are having a great time with him. How old is he?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I cant wait to see pictures of Skippy. I use photobucket I upload them there and then copy and paste them here it is a breeze.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skippy will be 11 weeks tomorrow :) Nice to see some Mass residents.

Sosoprano- another pup already? Wow you are brave! I am exhausted from mine and he was
The mellow one of the litter :)

General V- thanks! I will try photobucket

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have pup from same litter

Hi!
My name is pam and we also have a puppy from willow/henry that we picked up the week after you. We live in Lowell also, in Pawtuckettville. Patty mentioned there was another pup that went to Lowell when we picked up our female last Saturday. If you want to keep in touch you can contact me here or at [email protected]. I know what you mean by busy! Ecco is still settling in but doing very well, and we are very happy with her. Great temperment, which was my main concern. Also, if you are looking for a holistic vet I found one in Nashua and can pass on that info. Good luck!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Hi!
My name is pam and we also have a puppy from willow/henry that we picked up the week after you. We live in Lowell also, in Pawtuckettville. Patty mentioned there was another pup that went to Lowell when we picked up our female last Saturday. If you want to keep in touch you can contact me here or at [email protected]. I know what you mean by busy! Ecco is still settling in but doing very well, and we are very happy with her. Great temperment, which was my main concern. Also, if you are looking for a holistic vet I found one in Nashua and can pass on that info. Good luck!
be sure to post some pictures...! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am so emotional to have found Skippys sister LOL this is so much worse than being a cat person! I sent you an email Pam :)

·
I ♥ my Zazoo
431 Posts
Congrats to you both, and to have siblings.. I can't wait to see pics of both Skippy and Ecco.. Welcome to the forum!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts