Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Potty training breakthough! Bell just went to the door and whined so she could go outside. I think I about broke my leg trying to get to the door fast enough so she wouldn't have an accident. I am so happy with my smart little girl. :p:

·
luv my goldens
481 Posts
Congratualtions. It is always nice when you see our hard work is paying off.

·
Barley & Mira's Mom
3,489 Posts
Now that is a great moment!

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Congrats!!!! I know what you mean about the run to the door.

We are still waiting for our break through. LOL

Ann

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Way to go girl. Keep up the good work. I remember when Joey barked to go outside, I was so happy. It was like a light went on in his head.

·
lizandhector
158 Posts
I think I about broke my leg trying to get to the door fast enough so she wouldn't have an accident. I am so happy with my smart little girl. :p:
LOL! Congratulations!! I too remember how good it felt when zoey first asked to go out. It's good to hear that your hard work paid off!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Great way to ring in the New Year!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone! I was so excited. She has alerted me a couple more times today. It isn't everytime but it's getting more frequent.

d4nz0- Bell is 9 weeks old. It took just over 2 weeks for her to "get it"

·
Registered
95 Posts
d4nz0- Bell is 9 weeks old. It took just over 2 weeks for her to "get it"

thanks! Just wondering coz we've got a little puppy too. Whats your methods for teaching her? We sometimes feel like we're starting to crack her, then an accident happens......all we're currently doing is taking her out every time she wakes, every time she eats, every half hr - full hr of being awake.....she sleeps right through from 11.30pm to 7 (or 8) am with no whining and no accidents....

She performs for us almost EVERY time we go outside, and almost as soon as we go outside, so I think she understands why she's out there.....we have a little walk on the lead until she does something, then we have a play afterwards outside without the lead.

But every couple of days, she has a little squat inside......I really cant wait till the first time she asks to be let out! I can imagine your excitement!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We did almost exactly the same thing. Two things I think helped us. 1- I have an older dog who also signals. 2- We confined her mainly to the front room. I have an open concept house and we discovered most of the accidents were happening in the dining room area. So we used our christmas tree box to confine her to the living room and within 2 days she was signaling. Good luck. I hope your puppy gets it soon. Oh and I am so envious that your puppy sleeps though the night. I was up at 1 and 4 last night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts