Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
In the Moment
Joined
·
20,515 Posts
Good news. Seems like you hear these stories several times each winter. We might be blown away from tornadoes, but at least we don't have that worry.
 

·
Missing Selka So Much
Joined
·
17,303 Posts
I would go in after my dogs too.

Once in summer our previous goldens Max and Sophie kept swimming after some geese and we were terrified they were going to get too far out and not be able to make it back. Luckily, the geese flew off and they swam back. Whew! DH almost dove in after them, I was afraid he'd drown!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,447 Posts
You do hear of several of these stories each winter...... but I guess we would not know what we would do until we were in that same situation.....
 

·
Social Therapy Dog
Joined
·
613 Posts
I swear that 90% of the time it's Goldens who fall through the ice and the other 10% it's a Lab! The big dummies.

I am so glad that he lived and that she is okay!

Yup! Just two weeks ago I had to go in the frozen lake to get my ngolden and my buddies black lab who after weeks of being able to play out on the lake(15 inches thick) were not allowed to do so due to the melt. So they were ok until my girl was chasing his lab up the trail and his lab jumped out to the ice and fell through. Amber, my dog of course followed which meant that I ended up in up to my waist pulling them out by their collars. It was a VERY cold walk the rest of the way back to the house! I now make it a habit to carry 30 foot of nylon 7mm rope in case of an incident when the dogs are around the water when there is ice.
 

·
Joy of my heart
Joined
·
529 Posts
OH WOW! I just watched the video & am so thankful that they both are OK. Praise God for people who view their canine kids as being precious enough to risk their lives for. :wave:
 

·
Marcy
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
I swear that 90% of the time it's Goldens who fall through the ice and the other 10% it's a Lab! The big dummies.

I am so glad that he lived and that she is okay!
Here it would be 99% lab and 1% golden, but I hear you! A lunk is a lunk by any breed name. I'm not naming any names but his initials are Finnigan, wants to walk on the ice anytime.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,129 Posts
I wont' go on ice. Did once when I was young, got out to the middle...and then I heard this horrible echoing cracking sound...yikes I couldn't get back fast enough.

So happy they are ok....
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top