Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am about to sign a contract with breeder Wisteria Goldens in Arkansas for an English Cream Retriever by Sire: NHSB3157314 Fahrenheit of the Morning Valley (Theo) and Dam: SS07458601 Wisteria Faithful Angel of Love. I am a complete novice and slightly overwhelmed. I want to ensure that the puppy will be healthy as best I can. I know to look for Health clearances by reading some of the posts. I am not sure that I am doing this properly though as I requested them from the breeder and received health clearances for two different dogs than the ones that are having the litter. I don't know if I am missing something or if I should be looking for a different breeder. I received clearances for Keeva and and Chance dated 2015, 2016 and 2018? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance

Dani

·
Super Moderator
2,297 Posts
Hi there and welcoe!!

Theo does not appear to have a proper cardiac clearance, elbows, hips, or eyes. If the breeder didn't give you those then he probably doesn't have any clearances, even foreign ones (I suspect he was an import).

The female also does not have any clearances and her parents are both missing clearances.

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
The male is not yet 2 years old, so cannot have final clearances. He was born May 2019. He should not be bred until he is at least two years old and health cleared.

The female has only a deficient heart clearance, done at 21 months old.

Short story: The male is not old enough to be bred yet; the female does not have the required health clearances on OFA.

Reactions: danimalone

·
Registered
319 Posts

First look at their website tells me not ethical
They even post the puppy prices right on the front page? But like previous people have posted the health clearances don’t check out. Walk away fast.

·
Super Moderator Leader
53,547 Posts
You may want to look at this thread-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello! I am about to sign a contract with breeder Wisteria Goldens in Arkansas for an English Cream Retriever by Sire: NHSB3157314 Fahrenheit of the Morning Valley (Theo) and Dam: SS07458601 Wisteria Faithful Angel of Love. I am a complete novice and slightly overwhelmed. I want to ensure that the puppy will be healthy as best I can. I know to look for Health clearances by reading some of the posts. I am not sure that I am doing this properly though as I requested them from the breeder and received health clearances. I received them. The cardiac is done by a Practitioner rather than a cardiologist and the pups don't turn two until May and August. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The dogs are so beautiful but I want to make sure I'm doing everything right.

Does anyone know a reputable breeder for English Cream or Goldens they would recommend?

Thank you all in advance,

Dani

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you are dead set on that type of Golden, the only ones I would send you to would be Cedars (Tom and Mary Schulz) in Wisconsin or Claire Caro in Colorado. Most of the others are not doing the health exams they should be doing, and/or don't do anything with their dogs except sell puppies. There are probably a few others, but reputable breeders breeding that "type" of dog are far and few between. 99% of them you find doing a Google search are charging far more than their dogs are worth, aren't protecting the future of the breed, and should just be avoided.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts