Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So winter has finally hit Northern California...and the rains came...and the dogs don't want to go outside to do their business...and the puppy is very bored and wanting to play...and the old one wants nothing to do with him...and we're all in one small house together. :doh:

Sorry...just needed to vent! They actually played tug-of-war yesterday...But today they are getting on each others'--and my--nerves.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Time to put on the rain coat and your puddle boots and take the puppy for a walk. Tire out the pup and give the old stick-in-the-mud some alone time!

Just teasing...I don't walk in the rain. I prefer snow to rain.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I bet if you get on your muck boots and start stomping around in the puddles like a little kid your Goldens will love it. :);):wave:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Time to take out the raincoat, leashes and go for a walk....they will get over it quickly!!!

Nellie has no problem going out if I have a ball to throw but Angelina thinks she can 'hold it' forever (no dear, I'm going to work...) so I have to leash her to take her for a walk. Then she goes and can come back into the house.

It is amazing how my 'water dogs' who got stuck in the rain for an hour yesterday (and they could have gone on the porch btw and been out of it) were actually weeping when I came home; crying how unfair their lives were...feel sorry for them they were wet oh man. And of course 5 minutes later they were at the door...well aren't we going for a walk and playing ball mom! (yet it was STILL pouring outside!).

good luck to you...at least I'm at work so what momma doesn't know, momma won't mind!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
We all crossed posted the same...guess great minds think alike! ;)

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
And it's probably not what she wanted to hear! :curtain: We don't have much sympathy today do we! ;)

How about trying a game of hide and seek the treat? It practices their stay while you are out of sight.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to take them to the dog park in a bit. It may be a short visit! The hardest part about rain here is going to be my daughter--getting her to help walk the dogs in it! LOL Human children are more challenging! :bowl:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts