Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I have already taken him to the vet, we are waiting on a clotting lab to come back, don't worry- I'm not one to ask internet advice when a vet visit is required :)

Ok, that being said, I want to see if anyone here has experienced something like this.

Winston is 10.5 months old, and quite frankly, is the coolest GR on the planet (yeah, I checked!) Anyway, on Tuesday morning, before I left for the office, I walked and brushed him and did not notice anything abnormal. After a slew of painfully boring meetings, I came home around 1pm to take Winston to the park for some running/playing/frizbee killing. After a good 2 hours of play time, I decided to work from home the rest of the day while Winston slept under my desk.

That night, we took our pre-dinner walk and he didn't touch his food. Figuring he was just tired, I left the bowl out. We all went to bed pretty early after another brushing/snuggle time, where I didn't notice any lumps. This morning, before our pre-breakfast walk, he was sluggish and I noticed the lump on the left side, near mid way up near his last ribs. The lump was movable, and about 1.5 inches in diameter, fluid filled, and under the skin.

I took him to the vet this morning, where the Dr. took a sample of the lump with a needle, it was blood. After examining the blood, it was not an infection. The lab work came back normal, but like I said, we are waiting on the clotting results.

The Dr. said that the lump could be the result of Winston ingesting some rat poison due to the speed at which it grew, but I have never heard of this. We never use rat poison, so I imagine he picked it up somewhere at the park, but who knows? He is acting normal now, but his appetite is about half of what it normally is.

Ok, my essay is over. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with something like this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.