Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goal here is to start an archive of my dog's daily activity. He's an almost 8 year old Golden, and while (I hope) that's just middle-age, I know the health problems our babies can face. So, I want to make a running history of what he does, so that, later, I can go back to it. I hope this is not too goofy, silly, or sappy for you!

So, here is Winnie's day.

Mommy worked from home today. I was sleeping and forgot she was home. I woke up during her break, and showed her how much I love her by giving her my "I love you" face. This is where I scrunch up my eyes, and wag my whole body, not just my face. I must have forgot she was home, because I was sure glad to see her at break time! I was also a very good boy, and did not once bark while she was on the phone working (I have barked before). The pool guy came to work on the pool, but I didn't even bark for him. I see him every week, and, he's keeping my pool clean. I can't wait to swim.

I really tricked mommy tonite, too! She gave me new fish oil pills, which are gross. She tried to hide them in bologna, twice, but I'm too smart and spit them out. I did get tricked by a piece of bread and peanut butter. But that's only because peanut butter is the very best thing in the world to eat.

I'm sleeping now. I can't jump up in mommy's bed anymore. But I sleep right next to her. It's my job to keep my family safe, and I take my job very seriously.

I tried to eat the cat's food, because it's so yummy. But I got caught before I could eat it. My mom is too smart! Or maybe I need to be more subtle.

I'll let you know if it works better tomorrow. For now, I'm sleeping, snoring, and dreaming of chasing birds.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
Cute idea! Another way to do this is to use the blog feature, if you wanted. Either way, we're looking forward to hearing about Winnie's day!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is a great idea.

·
Registered
345 Posts
What a life, Winnie! You must have a very good Mommy! My Mommy is sometimes a stinky old people because she won't let me eat deer poop! What a bad Mommy......

Will I like naps a lot when I am 8? You make them sound fun.......

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
Winnie, see if you can get Mommy to put you on a supplement called Glycoflex 3. I bet you will be able to jump on the bed in no time ! (But make sure she gives it at least 3 months to see if it's working !!)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have read so much about Glycofelx 3, all positive. He's almost 8, and I need to get him on it. I just bought him all of the supplements for the "healthy powder" for dogs. I want to see their effect before adding something new, but it is in our plan for him.

And I should note, he can jump on the bed when he really wants to. We moved to a new house, and even though he had tile before, he's afraid of it now. And it's tile in the bedroom. He's also afraid of tile in the kitchen. I think he must have slipped, after swimming, and hurt himself when we first moved here. It's a psychological thing for him, more than physical.

But, no excuse, Winnie needs to be on Glycoflex 3, and I'm very glad your reminded me! Now, on to Winnie's day today!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today the humans celebrated some thing called Valentines Day. I don't know what it is, but I know everyone is happy and I got a marrow bone.

But the cool thing is this -- the neighbors have 2 new puppies! Again, some kind of Valentines Day present. Why didn't I get some puppies? I had to whine and cry for hours this morning before I got to see the puppies. I could hear them, but my humans thought it was too early to visit neighbors. Don't know why, *I* was awake!

But I am very stubborn and determined, and eventually got to meet the puppies. They are cute, but I wasn't able to play with them yet, because they are too small. Mommy is also worried that the puppies don't have something called immunity yet, and I might make them sick. Whatever. What hurt my feelings was that all of the kids on the block played with the new puppies, and not me. And I love kids. Kids are almost as fun as swimming and peanut butter! But the kids came and played with me, too, eventually. I can understand they were excited about puppies, because I was excited, too!

I'm sleeping on my very comfy pillows now, and licking my new bones, and my paws. I always lick my paws before I fall asleep. Soon, I'll be snoring, and dreaming of chasing kids and puppies.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first part of today was pretty boring. Mommy had to work, and so did Daddy. My baby sister, who is human (but I still suspect that she's actually MY child. I must be her daddy, because I protect her so much, and tolerate all those annoying things puppies do, like pulling and tugging on me, and taking my toys. But, what's a dad to do?) Anyway, she went to school, too. She's in something called 1st grade, so I think she might be a little slow, because I did 1st grade and puppy obenience school when I was a mere 6 months, so, she's way behind in training, so I excuse her for all of her bad manners. If *I* had a say, she'd have know this stuff years ago. But, Mommy is alpha.

This is the exciting part! I learned how to train my humans to do a new trick! Mommy hides my chewie bones in her closet in her bedroom. But, being the brilliant dog that I am, I figured this out. My new trick is to go into Mommy's bedroom. Then, I cry and cry until she comes to me. This is really funny, because she think there is something wrong with me. There isn't, it's just my trick to get her in the room. Once she is there, I whine and harump, and groan. I do this untill she is REALLY worried, and then, ta-da-da, I jump up, lickety-split, and show her where my treats are hidden, in the closet.

Mommy laughs and tells me that I'm so very clever and manipulative, and that I have a good trick. Whatever. All I care about is that it makes her give me that treat.

I wonder what else I can do, to make Mommy give me more treats. Because I do love to eat. If you have a special magic spell that makes Mommy give me peanut butter, please tell me. Because peanut butter is even better than the treast Mommy hid from me.

Now that my belly is full, and Mommy knows her place in our pack, I'm lounging happily on my pillows, and feel very proud of myself. I'm a smart dog who knows how to make my humans do what I want.

I'll dream about all of the other things I can make them do for me, if I decide to be cunning and manipulative.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh my gods today was so very, super awesome!!! I know it is still cold, but I live in a place called Texas, which, I hear, is a little bit warmer than most other places. Who cares. I got to GO SWIMMING tonight!! Oh my stars and garters, it was so very much fun! I was going out for my last 'business' of the night (mommy's word). And I wanted to go swim *really badly*. So, mommy let me! I got to fetch, and fetch, and fetch my toy. But, mommy only let me swim for, maybe, 5 minutes, because she thinks it's cold. But *I* did not care. And *I* had so much fun. I can't wait for spring and summer, when I can swim for hours and hours. I've been dried off, and I'm still whimpering and crying, because I want to swim more. I used to have this rule, I made it, not mommy, that I can only swim if people are in the pool. But I wanted to swim so badly that I broke my own rule. And you would, too! It's so fun. I just wish mommy wasn't so mean, and let me swim more. I've been taking something called glycloflex, and I'm much happier. I have all this energy! You wouldn't know I'm almost 8, which is really, really old in dog years. I think, maybe, I'm really 4. And I'm sleepy now, and all curled up on my pillows. And mommy is the best mommy for giving me those 5 minutes to swim. Maybe I'll get more, tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts