Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we were waiting for the ferry today there was a black lab in the car beside us with his head out the window. The window started rolling up and his head was getting stuck. We yelled at the driver but he was not in the car at the time. We realized that the dog was hitting the window control himself.

He got his head back in and when the driver came back I went over and told him what had (nearly) happened. I don't know if he had left the car turned on or what since my windows won't roll up if the key is not in the ignition. I'm also not sure if the window has a safety feature that prevents it from closing if something is in the way but I thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
There is a child lock feature for car windows and we keep it engaged in the car because our Barkley once opened it by himself when we were traveling with him. Very frightening!

·
Registered
879 Posts
My parents jack russel terrier started to do this when she was in the car on my dad's lap. Even though she was on my dad's lap and he stopped her right away, it still freaked everyone out bad enough that one of the very first things I asked when we bought our new car last week is "Where is the automatic window lock?". We crack the back window opposite of where Iorek sits and then everything gets locked. Sooooo paranoid about this happening. I think it'd be super neat if they made a safety feature to prevent them from closing if something's in the way-- what a great idea! If they can do it with garage doors, they can do it with car doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts