Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sick at home today and my work called to ask me about a project. The dogs were wrestling and barking so I put them outside for -- 5 minutes. :doh: This is what I found...

Exhibit A: 2 holes approximately 12" in diameter and 12" deep. Sidewalk covered in dirt.
Leaf Tree Soil Grass Plant

Exhibit B: 2 dirty paws
Tail Fur Wood Paw Horse

Exhibit C: 2 more dirty paws...
Canidae Dog Leg Paw Dog breed

Exhibit D: Dog #1
Name: Skoker Reilly
Sex: Male
Breed: Golden Retriever
Hobbies: Tennis Balls. That's it.
Dirt located on his paws, forehead and bum.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Exhibit E: Dog #2
Name: Molson Jones
Hobbies: Counter surfing, destroying squeaky toys, getting into trouble & being a mama's boy
Dirt located on his paws, head, ears, tail, bum, tummy and nose.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

So, who's idea was this?

BUSTED!
Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Fawn

AH-HA!! Dog #2! (side note: you can see his breath! it's cold out today)
Dog Canidae Dog breed Golden retriever Retriever

"But mommy, I don't want my paws to get cleaned! This stupid sham-wow isn't going to do anything anyway, it's just the cheap imitation brand!" - Molson
Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Carnivore

He was right... the fake sham-un-wow didn't help. Off to the bath for both of these criminals! Take note of the amount of dirt coming off of Skoker's paws in the bathtub...:no::no::no:
Dog Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed Mammal

The picture doesn't do justice to the amount of dirt and water that covered every surface in the bathroom!
Floor Wood Flooring Hardwood Wood stain

Well, I'm going back to the couch to have a nap. These dogs obviously missed out on the memo that said dogs are supposed to make you feel better when you're sick! :doh:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I must say .... They look like they had a great time! I think it was there idea of a great way to get a bath. They plotted that while you were on the phone.

Molsen - "hey Reilly.... If we get dirty and dig up the yard mom will give us a bath".
Reilly - "ya know Molson... Mom is not feeling well"
Molson - "I know but she always feels better when she gives us a bath and then has to clean the bathroom".
Reilly - "Well.... Ok.... That looks like a great spot over there"
Molson - "Ok.... Let's dig"!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Looks like the boys had a lot of fun!
I'm sorry you had to clean up after them, but you are probably used to that.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Those pics actually made me laugh my butt off. Mischievous little fellas, aren't they?

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,691 Posts
LOL !! Busted again but how can you get mad at such cute dogs?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Oh I totally understand!! Such thing has happened to my garden because of Pochi too....

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HAHAHA!! Silly dogs. Well, maybe now they will be calm and just rest with you.
You're right about that... they are both passed out cold at my feet now!

Savannah Mae thought she would have some fun one wet day...
oh no! lol

I'm so glad I caught them when I did, only after 5 minutes! It could have gotten a whole lot worse!

·
Lucy & Dory's Mom
2,760 Posts
I'm sick at home today and my work called to ask me about a project. The dogs were wrestling and barking so I put them outside for -- 5 minutes. :doh: This is what I found...

Exhibit A: 2 holes approximately 12" in diameter and 12" deep. Sidewalk covered in dirt.
View attachment 65010

Exhibit B: 2 dirty paws
View attachment 65008

Exhibit C: 2 more dirty paws...
View attachment 65009

Exhibit D: Dog #1
Name: Skoker Reilly
Hobbies: Tennis Balls. That's it.
Dirt located on his paws, forehead and bum.

View attachment 65013

Exhibit E: Dog #2
Name: Molson Jones
Hobbies: Counter surfing, destroying squeaky toys, getting into trouble & being a mama's boy
Dirt located on his paws, head, ears, tail, bum, tummy and nose.
View attachment 65014

So, who's idea was this?

BUSTED!
View attachment 65012

AH-HA!! Dog #2! (side note: you can see his breath! it's cold out today)
View attachment 65011

"But mommy, I don't want my paws to get cleaned! This stupid sham-wow isn't going to do anything anyway, it's just the cheap imitation brand!" - Molson
View attachment 65015

He was right... the fake sham-un-wow didn't help. Off to the bath for both of these criminals! Take note of the amount of dirt coming off of Skoker's paws in the bathtub...:no::no::no:
View attachment 65016

The picture doesn't do justice to the amount of dirt and water that covered every surface in the bathroom!
View attachment 65017

Well, I'm going back to the couch to have a nap. These dogs obviously missed out on the memo that said dogs are supposed to make you feel better when you're sick! :doh:

That bathtub looks familiar. I had to bathe both girls last night when their paws looked mysteriously like that.

·
But, my name is Debbi
1,715 Posts
I think you probably would have had less work had you went to work today!! LOL.
However, the pictures were fun to look at. You can't be too mad at a pair as adorable as they.

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
well on the positive side you can plan a little bush here without digging.LOL

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Glad you got pictures. Looks like they had a blast. It's hard to stay mad at such cute, "innocent" faces. Jackson did the same thing on a rose push I had just planted and watered. I only turned my back to grab a handful of mulch and he had already just about dug the entire shrub out of the ground. I'd say 15 seconds tops!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Oh I just LOVED your post! I am SORRY....but they are BOTH just Adorable!;):) I tell you, I have been through the same thing here at my house. The mud and dirt and sand mine bring in on just having a "potty break" is unbelievable!:doh:
I hope you are feeling better, you did need a nap after all of their little fun escapade! :smooch: TOO CUTE!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts