Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Teddy and Dakota's Mommy
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dakota usually listens so good to me and I have no problems with her at all. She is awesome in all aspects of life. We have started training for therapy work and she has been doing great. I have a health condition and the last week or so, I have taken a down turn. Yesterday and today, I have been somewhat bed-ridden, basically just doing the basics needed to survive and keep life normal for the kids. I'm also trying to work with Dakota a bit but she won't listen to me at all yesterday and today. I don't understand what is up with her. Any suggestions?

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Wonder if she knows you are not 100% so feels out of sorts herself? Dogs pick up on so much of our feelings. She might just not know what to do to make you happy. Take it easy on yourself and get better. Pull the dogs up in the bed with you cause Dakota will make a wonderful pillow girl.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
If Dakota is used to getting a lot of exercise, cabin fever may have struck. I know I get depressed and out of sorts if I don't get outside. Ben is even worse.

·
Teddy and Dakota's Mommy
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dakota isn't a big "mover and shaker" so I don't think cabin fever has set in :) She is very content to lay on the couch with me. She just does not want to listen to anything I say when I am trying to work with training her.

·
Premium Member
18,094 Posts
Maybe use some higher value treats for awhile? Something she doesn't usually get for training, mix it up and use it sometimes and sometimes not.

She is getting into the bratty adolescent age though. Just keep trying, you will get through to her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts