Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Why Are Goldens So Good?

1K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  colton 
#1 ·
I'm just amazed at this breed sometimes.

When I brought Ozzie home, I was so scared that Tucker was gonna freak out having another dog in his space. Tucker is always such a "momma's boy" with me. When I brought OzPaws out of the car, I could see Tucker standing at the door looking excited.

I let them out to play in the backyard and they got along instantly, but I figured.. okay..simple enough, outside is kind of neutral territory.

Then the time came to cram them both into the back of my car :crossfing I was totally expecting them to go at it or something but they didn't! They were very well behaved!

In fact, after a long day of fun with Tucker's brother Coop and many other Goldens, Ozzie laid down on the back seat with his head on Tucker's back and fell asleep while Tucker just sat there quietly lookin' out the window.

It was just so cute to see them cuddling when they had just met a few hours beforehand.

Now I completely understand why many of you have multiple Goldens!! :smooch:

That's my story for the day... haha.

See less See more
#6 ·
I can always tell that Alfie doesn't like being an only dog. This saddens, but there's not enough space to have two dogs running around. I had a lab who would have hated any other dogs in the house.

As soon as Alfie sees another dog on his walks he won't return to me until he's exhausted.

#7 ·
sorry if I missed the story... but who's Ozzie... is he yours now?

#9 ·
So I'm thinking of getting Maggie Moo a sibling, too.. Any suggestions on age/sex? Maggie is 3 and if I can, I'd like to get a rescue dog from the GRRAND organization here in Louisville - but if not then should I opt for a puppy? What is the general consensus?

Maggie loves all animals - dogs, cats, you name it - she even got so excited one day during a parade she chased a horse down the street (she was a baby then!), so I think she would definitely welcome one of "her own kind" as a new family member (even though she's a HUGE momma's girl)..

Any ideas?

#12 ·
So I'm thinking of getting Maggie Moo a sibling, too.. Any suggestions on age/sex? Maggie is 3 and if I can, I'd like to get a rescue dog from the GRRAND organization here in Louisville - but if not then should I opt for a puppy? What is the general consensus?

Maggie loves all animals - dogs, cats, you name it - she even got so excited one day during a parade she chased a horse down the street (she was a baby then!), so I think she would definitely welcome one of "her own kind" as a new family member (even though she's a HUGE momma's girl)..

Any ideas?
Hi! you must have joined while I was away! I can't believe there is someone here local to me! post some more so your PM's will unlock-we should meet for a play-date!

#14 ·
Why are Goldens so good?

Read the Boy Scout law and think about a Golden Retriever.

A Scout is

• Trustworthy,
  • Loyal,
  • Helpful,
  • Friendly,
  • Courteous,
  • Kind,
  • Obedient,
  • Cheerful,
  • Thrifty,
  • Brave,
  • Clean,
  • and Reverent.

A Golden Retriever is most of that too. They have just about the ideal mix of qualities for companion dogs.

Anyone who has never lived with one (or more!) doesn't know what they are missing.

#17 ·
Your two look like they belong together...too precious.:p: My pup also loves other dogs but he prefers people over them any day, even when we go to the dog park he gets so excited to see the other dogs...especially big ones....but as soon as he spots a human he leaves the playing dogs and runs off to say hi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.