Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering. I'm sure it's not always the case, but a lot of people told me that Maxie would soon be dominant over Mojo, and she totally is now.

·
Humankind. Be both.
7,650 Posts
They don't call them "bitches" for nothing! ;-) My Whippet bitch rules the roost around here... and the rules the roost when my dogs to stay with my friend when I'm out of town. She's the only girl in the group of four dogs and she tells 'um how it is!

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
Tango is 15 to 20 lbs smaller than the boys, but she takes all the toys!

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Jasmine is the oldest at 8 1/2 but all it takes is a look from her and the boys and foster pups settle right down. We had one of our previous fosters come stay with us a couple of weeks ago. She was really pushy with the boys, rough in play and would take toys from them. But man oh man, one look from Jasmine and she would be on her belly licking at Jasmine's mouth. LOL

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I've found this to be true. This would make an interesting poll. My last 3 dogs were females (last male in the '70s), all had somewhat dominate personalities. Hank is such a marshmallow. The difference is very apparent even at his young age.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've had someone tell me that any dog that challenges a bitch is mentally screwed up.

I've also been told that a bitch fight is a fight like no other, unlike a fight between two dogs. And be careful of two bitches who have fought--they tend to hold grudges, unlike the boys. Gee, does this sound so familiar? I am not guilty! CB (Certifiable Bitch)

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I've also been told that a bitch fight is a fight like no other, unlike a fight between two dogs. And be careful of two bitches who have fought--they tend to hold grudges, unlike the boys. Gee, does this sound so familiar? I am not guilty! CB (Certifiable Bitch)
This can be completely true. I had another female (chow/corgi) who would attack Jasmine pretty regularly. Once the fight was over, Jasmine was over it and wanted to make up, but Maddie (the other dog) held a grudge. As she got older, the grudge would last longer. By the end, she would have to separated for almost a full day and then I would use a baby gate held in my hand to block her from Jasmine during reintroduction because she would want to start fighting right away. Once they were together for about 20-30 minutes, she would finally stop trying to go after Jasmine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts