Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
I would if they would! When I was sick over the winter, Bear started climbing in bed with me, but he gets hot really quick, so he may start out there, but ends up on the floor.
Bonnie is just not a in our bed kind of dog! She prefers her own space all to herself!
I wish they would both sleep with me all night! :)

I told myself over and over that no, Flora would not sleep in my bed... But she does. She'll sleep in her plastic crate from about 10-7am, and then she'll stand quietly by my bed and /stare/ until I peep over the edge of my bed. Then she's smiling and groaning and wagging her tail, so I pick her up and put her in bed with me so we can sleep for another 45 minutes or so. She'll burrow right underneath my neck and mold her body around my head. It's weird, but she keeps my head warm, I guess. :p:

Mine sleep with me , but dont get up on the bed until invited. and They get off when told.

Kasper is either on my bed or right next to me on the wooden floor if the room is to warm, but if I get up to go get a glass of water or to go to the bathroom he has to protect me and follow me and make sure I am safe and then we come back in the room and he goes back to sleep:p:

you know I can't stand people when they say YUCK HOW CAN YOU HAVE YOUR DOG IN YOUR BED, I just get soooo upset I mean don't comment on my life you know I don't comment on yours right sheesh:doh:

You see, I'm working on that with Lucy, but I think her favorite place to be is on my bed!! :doh: She looks so comfortable and adorable I don't have the heart to move her. I'm so weak!! LOL
Mine love the bed to ... but... they also know Im in charge and when I say off ,,it means off... just be careful, I have seen it and I believe a couple people on here had problems with the dog taken over the bed and when they went to make the dog get off the bed, they growled and snapped at them.

Mine won't. During the winter she sleeps on her pillow at the foot of the bed. I guess it's warm to her so she likes it there. The rest of the year, she might sleep in the den, kitchen floor or bathroom. When the sun comes up, she does want in bed and I let her come up. She will let me sleep another hour or so but then will nudge me as she is ready to be fed. :)

We sleep with the girls and Cody, the springer. Usually the girls are up and down during the night but Cody is smack dab in the middle all night long.

My guys sleep wherever they want. Who am I to choose for them :)

Even Gilmour, who is now 9 weeks old and has only been here 1 week, sleeps on the bed. He has his own stairs for now :)

He is almost housebroken now. It only took a week. The only issues we still have is if he waits until his tanks are too full, and he can't get to the kennel in time. He knows where to go, and goes there, he just doesn't make it sometimes. About once a day he has an accident, but I don't scold him because I know he's trying.

And this little bought with Giardia didn't help either, but that seems to be doing great since his vet visit yesterday.

So yesturday I go to my boyfriends house and I don't even know how it all began but I had my boyfriends mom and her boyfriend telling me how it is possible that I sleep with a dog in the same bed. Anyways... she's an idiot and that's that. People are always getting in others business and either way I don't see why sleeping with your pup(s) is so bad to begin with. I can honestly say that when Lucy jumps on my bed I get very happy, she is so warm and cozy its one of the best feelings ever.

So pretty much I just wanted to know who shares their bed with their golden(s)?

:D

We've developed a new routine in the past month. Charlie Brown used to sleep with us for most of the night, but now he only stays for a little while. As soon as Ace hops down out of the chair in the bedroom, Charlie makes his move and sleeps there the rest of the night. Gus will cuddle for a little while, but never sleeps in the bed at night. And now, for some reason, Ace thinks he's allowed in the bed, so he's been sleeping there. But I like him better than Charlie--Charlie was always growling whenever you woke him up. Ace just lays there like a sack of potatoes :)

In the mornings, it's wonderful because after my husband gets up and lets them all out and back in, Gus jumps up and cuddles with me till I get up. I don't know why he will in the morning but not at night, but I don't care! Don't ask questions when Gus gives you a snuggle!

I do daisy sleeps with me every night, my wife doesnt like it because daisy hogs the bed (LOL) but after and hour in bed with us she gets down and lets my wife sleep. But in the morning when my wife gets out of bed she jumps right back in bed with me for another hour of sleep or more. My wife calls her the apple of my eye.

Oh yes, of course. And if for some reason they get relegated to their dog beds, they are always back within the hour. And I know for a fact Finn snoozes away the morning with his head on my pillow from the dog hair and the body imprint. I have been covering it with a towel when I go to work.

i cant answer this yet bit i intend to crate him for a while first.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
am i going to strong enough and will the urge to have him snuggled up to me be too great?

time will tell, but i love the idea of having him next to me.

No, not in my house. Scrabbles favourite place is at the top of the stairs which is directly in front of the bathroom - with 2 young children I can't afford to have such a large object in that position in the dark - the consequences don't bear thinking about.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.