Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm teaching my Golden Retriever tricks all the time, so I'm always looking for nice new tricks. I already thought him to walk backwards, to make spins, to walk a circle around me, to make eights between my legs and a lot of other tricks.
Who knows some nice tricks?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Some cool tricks!

Kia can balance treats on her nose and wait until we tell her it's OK to eat them - I think that the vision of eating the treat makes her patient and wait for the signal. She can also crawl, even though I'm not sure whether it's "commando" style :D.

The other day I was in the kitchen and thought it would be a great trick to teach Kia to "BRING BOWL" - hers is lightweigh - just regular stainless steel and I'm sure she'd have no problem to pick it up in her mounth and bring it over. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well she actually taught herself! lol.

When she was lying on her back, as a lot of GRs do, I kept saying dead dog. She knows the commands sit and drop so I'd just ask for a sit, then drop and then jokingly asked for a "dead dog". She is so clever that she just "did it!"... Super intelligent is my girl!
When she first did it I thought I'd teach her hand signals for those commands, that was easy enough, so now she does it with signals, and as you can see from these thumbnails she also does it for my 4 year old!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts