Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time of year, i am asking about human family ,and friends, I miss my son, most of all, then my dad, my grandparents.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I miss my dad. He passed away at age 42 of pancreatic cancer that spread to his liver and brain.

Love you dad. June 23rd 1955 - January 6 1998.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,555 Posts
I miss my dad, he passed away November 2010. My son will be coming home for Christmas which I'm grateful for.

I also miss not being close to some of my long time friends and family members-they all live out of state. Seems like they're all so busy with their own families and friends.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I miss my dad, he passed away November 2010. My son will be coming home for Christmas which I'm grateful for.

I also miss not being close to some of my long time friends and family members-they all live out of state. Seems like they're all so busy with their own families and friends.
I RELATE TO THAT,people are so busy, too busy.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,555 Posts
I RELATE TO THAT,people are so busy, too busy.
I have a girlfriend that lives in a nearby state-we use to talk to each other monthly and got together every couple of months. Now if I talk to her once or twice a year, and see her every three or 4 years, we're doing good. She's far busier than I am, I can always make the time. She's my son's God Mother, I really miss talking and spending time with her.

Seems like now we only hear from friends and some family members at Christmas time when we exchange Christmas cards too, so sad.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I miss my stepfather, who passed away almost 11 years ago. He was a wonderful father to me and grandfather to my children. I've always been happy that my stepbrother and stepsister and their families came back for the Thanksgiving before he passed. And I took a long walk with him on Christmas - we talked and had time together.
I missed my Grandmother T, who died when I was seven.. She was diabetic and didn't take care of it like she should have (to be fair, it was harder to manage it back then). My favorite memory of her was her getting on the floor and playing games with us - paper villages, board games and such.
I miss Maude (OES, I married my husband to get her), Abby (Irish Setter), Mandy (OES), Reuben (Golden) and Bennet (Golden).
I miss friends that have come and gone from life.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I miss my grandmother who passed in 2009 of cancer, but more than anyone I miss my Aunt Kim who passed away at the age of 42 this past April. We were very close, and since she couldn't have children of her own she always treated me like her own daughter. Before her death in April she was interviewed by the local newspaper about her medical issue, Cataplexy, which ultimately led to her death. She died a week after it was published and the journalist who interviewed her wrote a wonderful article about her. Below is the original article, as well as the one written after her death if you would like to read about her. My Aunt Kim was an amazing person.

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Loc...Like-being-trapped-in-your-own-body’-/1

Her voice is not silenced - Arts - Life - The Telegram

·
Kate
21,663 Posts
I miss one of my coworkers who retired last year... :(

He was the one who put the Christmas lights up outside. His politics were complete opposite of mine as well as everyone else at my work (heehee), but he wasn't one of those argument-debate-crazed idiots. He was the nicest person and we all enjoyed teasing him.

He's STILL alive, but I haven't heard from him in ages. I hope he's having fun and spending all his time trekking for birds. :)

I hope he never finds out that I finally did kill one of his plants. o_O

·
Premium Member
5,218 Posts
I miss family. My family was broken up when my grandfather passed away back in 2001. I was only 8 when it happened but growing up with so many people, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents... now its just my mom, dad, brother and myself. My dads mom is still around but she is 95 and lives about 10 hours from here so we only see her once a year. I envy those who have huge families and spend all of christmas with large gatherings.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I miss my grandmother back when she was healthy. She was so vibrant and alive; she'd play games with us, go on vacations with us, watch movies with us... nowadays she's bound to a wheelchair and I rarely get to see her smile.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
I miss my dad who passed away on May 29 of this year. It will only be my 2nd Christmas ever without him.

I also miss Phoenix...but I miss him everyday. I thought I'd be missing Reno this Christmas as well but he's not having any part of that!!!

·
gone
1,443 Posts
I miss my grandmother who passed in 2009 of cancer, but more than anyone I miss my Aunt Kim who passed away at the age of 42 this past April. We were very close, and since she couldn't have children of her own she always treated me like her own daughter. Before her death in April she was interviewed by the local newspaper about her medical issue, Cataplexy, which ultimately led to her death. She died a week after it was published and the journalist who interviewed her wrote a wonderful article about her. Below is the original article, as well as the one written after her death if you would like to read about her. My Aunt Kim was an amazing person.

‘Like being trapped in your own body’ - Local - The Telegram

Her voice is not silenced - Arts - Life - The Telegram
Thanks for sharing this story about your aunt. I never heard about this condition before.

One section in the story confused me.... at one point it talked about Kim's husband Dan how he stuck by her and her illness, then later in the same article talked about her apartment in which she lived alone.

Also, did you finally get closure on what the exact cause of death was?

·
gone
1,443 Posts
Who I miss? Hmm.. a lot of people. My sister, Mom, my brother, my Dad, the family I no longer have. At least their passing has removed my fear of death, now I know they did it so what is the fear of it happening to me?

This season really doesn't have any meaning left to me and is just another day, hubby and I go to the movies.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for sharing this story about your aunt. I never heard about this condition before.

One section in the story confused me.... at one point it talked about Kim's husband Dan how he stuck by her and her illness, then later in the same article talked about her apartment in which she lived alone.

Also, did you finally get closure on what the exact cause of death was?
Kim and Dan had an amicable separation not long before she passed. They still loved each other, and he was still there for her (taking her to her appointments, going out to dinner, just being together), but with the stress of her illness, as well as his (what the article doesn't say is that Dan has a brain aneurism that is inoperable, which caused him to have a stroke about 3 years ago) they decided that some time apart would be best for each of them. If anyone were to ever question his devotion to her I would put them in their place in a hurry.

As for the cause of death, no, there has been no closure. The autopsy results came back inconclusive, so we've only been able to speculate.

·
love my goofy goldens
2,431 Posts
So, so many. My youngest brother died of leukemia when I was a freshman in high school - he was only 7. My other brother died of melanoma at age 27. Lost my dad 13 years ago and mom 2 years ago. Christmas just isn't the same. My only other family, my sister, lives in Alabama. I won't see her this Christmas, but we are vacationing together in June.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Who I miss? Hmm.. a lot of people. My sister, Mom, my brother, my Dad, the family I no longer have. At least their passing has removed my fear of death, now I know they did it so what is the fear of it happening to me?

This season really doesn't have any meaning left to me and is just another day, hubby and I go to the movies.
I am so sorry, as the years go by, more are gone, i try to keep in my heart ,and mind, how much shane loved this time of year.

·
Valerie
789 Posts
I miss my mom who I haven't seen in three years and my two beautiful nieces.

Hubby and I live 10+ hours from our home state, it's hard for us to get away and go home. BUT we are going home for Christmas this year so we will get to see everyone :D

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
I miss my dad, he passed away in July 2008 at the age of 87. He was a wonderful man and father. He was very conservative, honest and strict and I loved and respected him for it. He always did what he felt was right no matter what anyone thought.

I can still feel his love and protection from Heaven. I love you dad. Merry Christmas.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts